Weekend Outburst 6
JamBase
JamBase
6/7/2009 12:00 AM

Weekend Outburst 6

tommont
tommont
6/10/2009 05:03 AM

thanks Ron and Dennis, looks like some good rekkids! Ron: How bout Crippled Burnt Reynolds? And good for you reviewing Dennis Brown. One of the greats! I need to get my turntable running so I can listen to my copy of Wolves & Leopards. Mr Cook? I am sure that is a great record but that is a little bit over the top to say "hang his Stetson next to Waylon and Willie". I love your writing and you and you know that but it is those types of comparison kudos that sometimes just sort of make me smile. That is great I know you want to get folks to listen to the record but don't be going overboard like that. Much less the wonderful Steve Earle (I am so psyched to be seeing him on Cayamo Cruise next year w/ some of my other favs like Emmy, Robert Earl Keen, Brandi Carlile, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Buddy Miller, Allison Moorer, The Lovell Sisters)

Thanks for keeping us up on some good new stuff you two and Jambase. Nice piece on Vieux Farka Toure, how about one on the new Tony Allen record Black Voices?

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=5635

Listened today at recommendation of one of my favorite drummers on the planet: Scott Amendola. The man knows what he is talking about. What great grooves, monsterous!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use