Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

19 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Mountain Jam | 05.29 - 05.31 | New York
JamBase
JamBase
6/3/2009 12:00 AM

Mountain Jam | 05.29 - 05.31 | New York
Gov't Mule, Allmans, Coheed and Cambria, Brett Dennen and much more raise the flag at Mountain Jam...

electronicjams
electronicjams
6/3/2009 05:59 PM

shit ton of warren haynes ha

jamrad
jamrad
6/3/2009 07:54 PM

who knew Gregg Allman was a Yankee's fan (being a southern boy and all)?

rdawson124
rdawson124
6/3/2009 08:19 PM

damn that looked like one weekend of great music. Fiendish to see Allman Bros again. havent seen em since in like 05' Roo(which was off the hook). I've heared rumors of possible last tour??? I doubt it but their can't be too many more. Sorry to be a downer but...gregs old. Rothbury 09" cant f'in wait!!

TheWeight22
TheWeight22
6/3/2009 08:22 PM

i'm getting pretty sick of stasik's garbage pittsburg gear he always sports on stage

johnnygoff
johnnygoff
6/3/2009 09:01 PM

nice review bill. did I miss something? (seriously) Was there anything written on Eric Krasno's project at Mountain Jam?

Kylep215
Kylep215
6/3/2009 09:08 PM

^whatever, whatever stasik will do what he want....this was def a great weekend aside from 3 not so good things... 1)my girlfriend was arrested on sunday night during the franti set and I had no idea where the hell she was until more than halfway through the allman bros set which killed it for me 2. my friends car was broken into by some crack head hippie bastard and they stole his ipod 3. it was fing cold on saturday and sunday night... aside from those 3 minor set backs it was a ridiculous weekend. It was my 13th umph show friday, they killed it as always. Second set on Saturday from Mule was so amazing words cannot describe... umelt that night was also great(everybody needs a bosom for a pillow!). This festival is not to be missed, I highly recommend it (unless you are arresting people or a crack head hippie bastard, in that case stay home).

MimiLuv
MimiLuv
6/3/2009 10:36 PM

gregg allman doesnt even watch baseball he was just wearing a yankee hat becasue he was in NY. ive seen him wear a braves hat a previous year

christophebaise
christophebaise
6/4/2009 05:53 AM

The Saturday night Mule show was probably the best of the weekend and was totally made by the sit ins by Medeski and Karl Denson. Railroad Earth was real hot for how short it was. Wish I could've seen U-Melt but I had never seen Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and they put on a hell of a show, and I figure U-Melt tours a lot more around the Northeast. I thought the line up wasn't as good this year as other years but really great crowd, good people this year. Also PBS tore it up and Tea Leaf Green was better than expected.

ira7420
ira7420
6/4/2009 06:12 AM

I know this is Warren's festi, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many pix of him!

stoweskier
stoweskier
6/4/2009 06:15 AM

The Macpodz were the sleeper band of the lineup...funk,world,salsa,bebop,jazz they do it all and shift frontman roles/instruments with ease. Tons of chemistry and stage presence. Really humble, cool guys too. Karl Denson late night was the highlight of the fest, however. Glowsticks, a huge mass of huddled people, and frenzied dancing made the 45 degree night seem much warmer. I've seen Greyboy before and I love them but KDTU is even dirrrrrrtier. I only hope Warren can get these guys back for late night next year.

GratefulHokie
GratefulHokie
6/4/2009 06:23 AM

I got one name for you...U-MELT

They ripped the lodge to pieces late night Saturday.

ClarkSean
ClarkSean
6/4/2009 07:50 AM

One of the better festivals out there, IMHO. Except for late night, no overlap of bands, no moving around between stages and it's at a venue that can handle a crowd. FAR LESS shady characters than last year, probably due to Phish playing in Boston. I liked the added diversity. Only complaint was that the Gene Ween band did not deserve a late afternoon spot on a Saturday. It was cool to see so many of the artist mingling around the festival. Bumped into the guys from UM, KDTU, Jackie Greene, Medeski, Jaimoe, etc. Good times.

peaton
peaton
6/4/2009 08:38 AM

MVP of the weekend= The Pimps of Joytime

These guys put on an absolutely killer set on saturday night. Look for them to be festival regulars in the near future and if you have a chance, go see them and get funky. Great weekend overall. Thanks for the fun Warren and I'll see you next year.

ludlow66
ludlow66
6/4/2009 08:43 AM

"FAR LESS shady characters than last year, probably due to Phish playing in Boston"

LOL!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use