selo34
6/1/2009 11:19 PM

glad these dudes are on JAMbase

14 songs in the first set.

way to jam!

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
6/2/2009 04:51 AM

phishinpanic - go to the ticket exchange forum. I think I saw someone giving away 2 knoxvilles.

mpmichalewich
mpmichalewich
6/2/2009 05:57 AM

This was a good show for the Tour opener. The lack of jamming, I think was a little over emphasized in this piece. The first set had 13 songs, true, but it was a long set. Take away the Banner, which was a minute and there were only 12 songs. From what I remember it started at about 6:45 and went until almost 8:30. Then a short 35-40 minute setbreak and another decently long set from just after 9:00 to about 10:45 (including encore, but only a very short 1 minute or so break). That being said it was not as jammed out as it could have been.

Also, the show felt like a cross between a "greatest hits" type show and a tune-up for the tour. The lack aforementioned lack of jamming was exacerbated by a lack of song to song segues. All in all a pretty good show. Hopefully it will get better as they play a few more shows.

Just my $0.02

phunkyjedi08
phunkyjedi08
6/2/2009 11:30 AM

to be honest, I was pretty disappointed with the review as well. it's a writer's own prerogative to use as many puns as he likes, and certainly the baseball ones are relevant, as both the band and fans dug on the location of this show. that being said, when the puns REPLACE actual factual reporting, THAT'S when it's time to get ticked off. really, I don't think anyone cares what part of the show reverberated in any given reviewer's chest cavity - for those of us that weren't there, we wanna know if the Tweezer started mellow or hard, and the same distinction for Chalkdust and Moma Dance. we don't care that when you saw a JAMBAND barely jam in one of the first shows of their first summer tour in years, your favorite part of the entire tour was an old southern rock band cover (awesome though it may have been). we want to know that Mike got most of the soloing space on Destiny (read this on jambands.com). did DwD get spacey, or did it stay bright and rock-y? if you're going to report from the scene, do us other phans not lucky enough to be there a favor - don't indulge your own linguistic fancy (it's not that fancy, anyway), indulge our need for INTELLIGENT REPORTING!

mrmyron
mrmyron
6/2/2009 12:19 PM

Hate to be nitpicky, but Trey flubbed lyrics in 1st verse and missed the 'A thousand barefoot children' line. He used 'Down with disease and the jungles in my mind

Theyre climbing up my waterfalls and swingin on my vines... dancing on my lawn..."

Sixmilliondollar…
Sixmilliondollar…
6/2/2009 12:35 PM

Flubbed...I love that word.

kellerfan420
kellerfan420
6/2/2009 08:22 PM

'1st seague since coventry', they did mike's song > i am hydrogen > weekapaug groove at hampton, I mean I kno thats how they should be done, but does that not make it a seague anymore??

phunkyjedi08
phunkyjedi08
6/2/2009 09:42 PM

aww, hell, but also just have a blast! would appreciate more musical details.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
6/3/2009 06:19 AM

A segue is just a term for any non-stop transition between two or more songs.

phunguy
phunguy
6/8/2009 04:00 PM

what's "Rare" about Wolfmans?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use