Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

19 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Sasquatch! | 05.23-05.25 | The Gorge
JamBase
JamBase
5/27/2009 12:00 AM

Sasquatch! | 05.23-05.25 | The Gorge
2009 festival season gets underway at The Gorge with NIN, Fleet Foxes, Jane's and 75 other...

snugglinnugs
snugglinnugs
5/27/2009 04:28 PM

did that dood fart in a mic?

mookiepj10
mookiepj10
5/27/2009 04:38 PM

good coverage. glad to see you two stuck to covering what you wanted to hear. pecknold, did your brother get you in or jambase?

toestothenose
toestothenose
5/27/2009 05:17 PM

Wonderful job with coverage on both words and photos! So many great bands so little time...

toestothenose
toestothenose
5/27/2009 05:31 PM

Sean Pecknold - is this the same Sean P that created the Mykonos video and that sick animated Bumbershoot Fest promo?

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
5/27/2009 06:12 PM

Great review and pics, I think this line-up is pretty sick and the fact that NIN and Janes played two separate nights is the best idea for their Tour. I saw two amazing shows of the NIN/JA tour and they are not to be missed. I understand that Trent wants to pay tribute to Janes and give them the spotlight, but it's hard to rock out to Janes set after an amazing performance by NIN! Two of the best shows of my life back to back by the same band, call me crazy, but this tour is too great! NIN plays a lot of tunes that are more for the REAL fans rather than just "closer" and note to the editor, it's "March of the Pigs" not "Doesn't it make you feel better." All I'm saying is check the band out and rock hard, especially for the fact that NIN will be shelved for awhile:(

lovemusicfood
lovemusicfood
5/27/2009 06:30 PM

WOW!! That first picture is the most amazing stage I have ever seen!!!!!

radarlin
radarlin
5/27/2009 10:01 PM

How interesting it is to read the comments in the article about the dance tents popularity. It's what people want to hear right now. It is fresh and dancing your ass off is fun. Being that 2009 has been a miraculously crappy year who wants to hear the mellow tunes of Ben or Eryka? If i am paying big bucks to go to a festival i am paying to release a great deal of energy and forget frustrations. Another dance revolution is coming and i really appreciate jambase for recognizing this. It is one of the many reasons i still read jambase. But those damn dance tents are just going to get bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER.........

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
5/27/2009 10:22 PM

Article sub line should read: Hipster fest got Mad Squabbles. i dont like using the H word but i am super impressed with the lineup and the article and the shows chosen by peckinold. last years sasquatch seemed lackluster but what do i know i wasnt there. ROck on sasquatch keep throwing down like this every year and youll be up their with the greats

rdawson124
rdawson124
5/27/2009 11:32 PM

I totally feel the same way radarlin, its the majority of the reason i go to fests. I can appreciate mellow stuff(i usually leave that for the day time). But I love to get down and rageface. Can't wait till Roth, one month and three days away. Most excited for Sts9, Femi,Pretty Lights, GLITCH MOB!!!!, Chromeo and Lipp Service. Fuck Yeah,can't wait!

moemoe6434
moemoe6434
5/28/2009 03:13 AM

**Correction** Sharon Wardon is not in the Decemberists, she has her own band My Brightest Diamond.... She is just along with the Decemberists for a few shows.

WidespreadPhanic
WidespreadPhanic
5/28/2009 05:49 AM

i like to rage to mellow stuff

TSPeer
TSPeer
5/28/2009 08:06 AM

Not even so much as a mention of Sun Kil Moon. Come on . . .

Seattlesublime
Seattlesublime
5/28/2009 08:34 AM

I have been to 5 Bonnaroo’s, High Sierra, Austin City Limits, and THIS is the best festival in the country right now. The stages are within minutes of each other, yet don’t bleed sound. The view/energy is Amazing and the lineup covers a wide range of music. The crowd was about 30% Canadians, which was awesome. Sasquatch is the shit! Perfect weather, great lights, fun people, and good times!

CrazyleggedDuff
CrazyleggedDuff
5/28/2009 09:20 AM

Yet another reason why Mos Def owns.... He was wearing a sick YES shirt

Nice pics and words... Love the contradictions between writers opinions

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use