Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

69 Total Messages • Page 5 of 5 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 
Summer Camp | 05.21 - 05.24 | Illinois
nick1304
nick1304
5/28/2009 07:24 PM

You know what's great about the fucking internet? You can post your own SC review if you want to cover the bands that were missed here. Obviously this dude isn't into bluegrass, otherwise he would have covered Cornmeal or Greensky. He's also obviously not into cover bands, or he would have wasted his life with DSO. Bottom line, you can't see everything even at a small fest like SC without a serious meth habit. And if he's not into it, he'd just be ripping on it anyway. To each his own.

That said, Bassnectar on Sunday was amazing, totally made up for the complete bore that was Easy Star and EOTO. I was out of my mind and EOTO was just the same two d-bags acting cool and playing the same shit over and over for an hour. Give me a break.

FatEleBass
FatEleBass
5/28/2009 08:08 PM

Does anyone know the dude with the amazing hair-stache combo? One word: AMAZING. He just about made the festival for me. Screw the tunes, I could watch him brush that mane all day. That combined with the mustache combing would probably melt even Jake Cinnenger's face.

zforschler
zforschler
5/28/2009 10:20 PM

THis Review does not do the festival judgement, and he just finds a way to rip on everything.

j-yo8
j-yo8
5/29/2009 10:18 AM

Definitely not a very good review. No mention of Jaik Willis or Brainchild or Madahoochi!! Public Property also had a great energetic set.

Mostly though I'd like to know what was meant about the review of Family Groove Company, he seemed to make an unfair judgment on the band. All four members are talented musicians. The drummer and keyboardist play in a side-project band which was actually the first band to kick off Summer Camp at 2pm Thursday afternoon. Janis, the bassist, has been touring with Steve Kimock. If he attended any of the daytime FGC shows, he should have seen the large crowds the band attracted.

also, did anyone catch the Ragbirds? good stuff!!

bestdeutch
bestdeutch
5/30/2009 06:09 AM

^^ Brainchild was the worst band I saw at the festival. Moon Party>Seasme Street theme song>Fraggle Rock theme song>Moon Party What were those guys thinking? I went to their set because I had heard good things but I will never see that band again.

gone_phishin_4_c…
gone_phishin_4_c…
5/30/2009 08:46 AM

why doesnt this author just go ahead and try and fit all of umphucked mcgees dicks in his mouth next time he writes a review

deadhead1421
deadhead1421
5/30/2009 01:27 PM

Willie took the prize????? Dunno who the hell you talked to...i have nothing but respect for the man, but that is quite a stretch...bordering ignorant

schofizzl
schofizzl
5/31/2009 01:20 AM

willy was the shit! and so was every member of FGC! the BREW took my surprise dankness award home this year, and willie took the most memorable set award. umphrey's were pretty much MVP which is no surprise they worked their asses off and it showed! moe. definitely treated us all to another great year at the camp!

skavidowicz
skavidowicz
6/1/2009 10:47 PM

thebrew was total suprise i walked in on it randomly friday? at amping stage sooo sick

umph amazing moe. amazing

eoto was grimey as hell

lotus held it down

family groove comany was funky as shit

i loved everyone and everything especially VIP <-- thats the way to go 100%

much love see ya next year

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use