Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

69 Total Messages • Page 1 of 5 • 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 
Summer Camp | 05.21 - 05.24 | Illinois
JamBase
JamBase
5/26/2009 12:00 AM

Summer Camp | 05.21 - 05.24 | Illinois
3 nights of moe. and UM proves to be a thrilling battle between new and old guard prog jam...

panicathome
panicathome
5/26/2009 03:23 PM

Great review, for more info and pictures check out my journal. The festival was amazing.

Kylep215
Kylep215
5/26/2009 04:03 PM

Good review, wish I was there. Umphrey's Mcgee is the best band touring in my opinion... They have something for everyone. Can't wait for Mountain Jam this weekend, it will be my lucky 13th umph show so I'm looking for an epic set!

nick8885
nick8885
5/26/2009 04:16 PM

good article overall. not too keen on the umph/moe 'battle'. i get the idea behind it and its slightly clever but to write an article surrounding that central theme on a 3-4 day festival is rather weak. a better allocation of time and energy devoted to the music rather than sleep might make a better article/review. who would honestly sleep thru the sexy bitches!!?

damoncory
damoncory
5/26/2009 04:50 PM

Good Review, but I do think the moe. vs. Umph thing was done up a bit. I just think the writer has probably seen alot of shows and it shows with a bit of selectivness. Which is ok at festivals, they are alot more fun when you miss some shows & get some rest. We went to this last year, and I will be back soon. We went to Bella Madre this year , also highly recommend!! Great pics. Thanks for the coverage.

mike_ruth07
mike_ruth07
5/26/2009 04:51 PM

Willie was definitely on Sunday, but who's counting. It's not like there was a schedule online to check or anything... Easy Star All Stars and MSMW were the shit.

hellopanda
hellopanda
5/26/2009 04:52 PM

Excellent review. Liked the idea of moe. passing the torch to umphrey's...never thought about it that way before. Summercamp was a great festival, really relaxed, laid back and an awesome crowd of people. And all of Umphrey's sets were amazing...the 2nd Saturday set will go down in UM history no doubt. Well done Summercamp, can't wait for next year!!!

southfork
southfork
5/26/2009 04:56 PM

Wow Vinnie Amico of moe. looks a lot like Jim Loughlin of moe.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
5/26/2009 06:19 PM

I disagree with a good portion of this... That Lotus day set way the heat, and that Method/Redman was by far one of the worst shows I have ever had to listen to (from our camp site)... They just kept yelling "put yo hands up." and "Do you love hip hop?" "Do you really love hip-hop?"...

johnes82
johnes82
5/26/2009 06:34 PM

J-man you are so right on my friend. The Lotus day set was awesome! Meth and Red not only started 45 minutes late, but they completely flopped...what a waste of energy seeing that show. Moe.'s Saturday night set was tight as well...The Timmy Ticker>Lazarus>George>Timmy Tucker was raging. The sleeper this weekend for me was Hill Country Revue; there were maybe 100 people at the main stage for them and they completely ripped it up! Highly recommend checking them out. Phenomenal fest once again...I can't get enough Summer camp!!

dylanfan388
dylanfan388
5/26/2009 06:55 PM

Could you blow a load over UM a little more? I mean shit man for all the bands that were on at Summercamp you could have spent more time getting into other stuff besides how you think Umphrey's is the hottest stuff around.

RobertRandolph20…
RobertRandolph20…
5/26/2009 07:05 PM

UM was really solid. They stole the fest no doubt...

electronicjams
electronicjams
5/26/2009 07:21 PM

i personally think the highlights were:

Girl Talk-his mashups were just epic/almost all new material

lotus-day set/got caught up at the camp site at the late night

toubab krewe-awesome vibes

buckethead- "the embalmer!"

some umphrey's-walked up on "TRIPLE WIDE"...NICE :)

*i thought bassnectar is the biggest overrated act in the jam scene. all bass no substance. i walked out on both of his sets

electronicjams
electronicjams
5/26/2009 07:27 PM

-o, and def METHOD MAN AND RED MAN...no doubt

krsmall
krsmall
5/26/2009 08:03 PM

Girl Talk was one of, if not the best set of the weekend. Umph on Saturday, Wood Brothers Late Night, and moe. on Sunday were all highlights. Girl Talk had so much energy and having seen him a lot this was one of his better shows with basically a complete new set. The acoustic moe. during Cornmeal's late night was also really sick as was Cornmeal.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use