Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Animal Collective | 05.19.09 | Milwaukee
mattguff9
mattguff9
5/24/2009 07:51 PM

I saw Tony Rice and Peter Rowan at The Pour House (Raleigh, NC) in '03. Paid $20 for the show and the sound guys didn't know how to amplify acoustic music w/o a plug-in. The show still annoys the crap out of me. I understand the frustation of wondering what if? Good Review!

rustybergen
rustybergen
5/25/2009 03:35 PM

that 8th grade a/v flunky is their light guy. get your ears checked.

gregboyer
gregboyer
5/26/2009 08:27 AM

These guys should play at Merriweather, with a better sound guy.

schnufi
schnufi
5/26/2009 10:15 AM

I was at this show as well and couldn't agree more with the review. I saw AC in Chicago a few years ago and the sound there was amazing! I've seen plenty of shows at The Riverside and the sound has been great...so it must have been an off night. Awesome and very fair review!

pyite20v
pyite20v
5/27/2009 08:55 AM

Animal Collective is terrible. I went to the Fox in Oakland last night, and even though I have been to some pretty loud shows before, I still found myself running to the very back row of the upper balcony to stick my fingers in my ears because the sound was so bad.

It was so loud, unmixed, treble was piercing, it was just pathetic. And the light show, my god did they go get their equipment at Walmart? Obviously its hard to impress me after so many phish shows, but come on it was like 4 color blink lights not timed to the music.

I can see the attraction in almost any band out there, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why people think this band is so great.

Miruguy
Miruguy
5/30/2009 02:59 PM

Sounds like you guys saw them in a crappy venue. I saw them last night in LA - I'd never seen them and don't know much about them, but they put on an incredible show (lights, sound, music all top notch). Really one of the most innovative and original bands I've heard in years.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use