Radiohead At Work On New Album
JamBase
JamBase
5/18/2009 08:55 AM

Radiohead At Work On New Album

Mr_McDankenstein
Mr_McDankenstein
5/18/2009 09:09 AM

HELL YEAH RADIOHEAD SMOKIN BLUNTS UP IN THE HOOPTY FO SHO! YAAAAY-YAAAAAAY!!

asweany1
asweany1
5/18/2009 09:17 AM

HELL YES! I've been waiting for this for the two years since IN RAINBOWS :-)Hopefully this means a tour next year!

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
5/18/2009 09:51 AM

best news ever!!!!

oh yeah they are definitely going back on tour!! i can't wait to see them again.

bmwsrok11
bmwsrok11
5/18/2009 10:02 AM

yeah this is pretty amazing news. I love them so very very much and their live shows do things to my emotions that only very few if any other bands do to me. Life really did just get a little better knowing that they are still going to make another album. Im sure a tour will come with the album, at least in my wildest dreams! I just have to see them one more time, i just have to!!

6StringBradStag
6StringBradStag
5/18/2009 11:27 AM

I can't wait! Hopefully, a tour will follow shortly after the release ; )

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
5/18/2009 12:55 PM

In rainbows this In rainbows that...Ok Computer and Kid A are so much better...please go back to your roots...I loved In Rainbows as much as the next guy but some people seem to think thats all they have.

skitterbrain
skitterbrain
5/18/2009 02:01 PM

I can't argue that OK Computer is their best crafted album, but I hope that they never go back to tehir roots. If they had stuck with the safety of having the best album of the decade I wouldn't have Amnesiac, which is my personal favorite. OK Computer is the complete package, but the subsequent albums (except for maybe theif) paint more detailed pictures by focusing on a specific sound and hitting it from multiple angles. Amnesiac is darker than the darkest moments of OK Comp and Rainbows is warm and shimmery throughout. I say keep pushing the envalope, Radiohead are the reigning kings of foward progress(beatles incarnate).

jkuss80
jkuss80
5/18/2009 05:07 PM

I grew up with OK as the soundtrack to my adolescence. I still remember the first time I saw the Paranoid Android video on MTV and was floored that it was so unlike anything on MTV both stylistically with the video and with the overall song structure. The CD barely left my cd player for an ungodly amount of time and helped me realize just how much amazing avant garde music was out there available. That said. In Rainbows is better. Sorry if thats not what "Purists" say but I honestly think OK Computer is a brilliantly Earth shattering album and the groundwork for a band that would one day make In Rainbows. OK Computer is one of if not THE greatest album of the 90's. In Rainbows (IMO) is one of if not THE greatest album of all time. I cannot wait to see what comes next.

Danimal
Danimal
5/18/2009 05:19 PM

In Rainbows is good and all but I'm not sure anyone is ready to put up there with Dark Side of the Moon or anything.

gmoo
gmoo
5/19/2009 05:28 AM

In Rainbows was boring. I hope they get back to making rock and roll.

asweany1
asweany1
5/19/2009 12:48 PM

Agreed jkuss80... In Rainbows is EPIC!

danimal2
danimal2
5/19/2009 05:38 PM

Where's the love for the bends???

PCPrabbit
PCPrabbit
5/20/2009 08:33 AM

siiiiick. used to hate hate on radiohead (thought they were depressing), but a couple years ago i began to slowly turn. when In Rainbows dropped it sealed the deal. I don't know of a more consistently creative group out there.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use