Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

28 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Dead Tour iPhone App
bryan1
bryan1
5/13/2009 09:16 AM

ron burgundy, you are a dip shit. i have been around for many years, and seen many showes,and a lot of them were disapointing. that does not mean that you go and talk mad shit about the band.NOBODY makes you nasty people go, and we really dont want you people there. i have seen 6 showes on tour, most left a little to be desired, but i did not run out talking shit. if you dont like them then do go.

imRonBurgundy
imRonBurgundy
5/13/2009 09:32 AM

"i have seen 6 showes on tour, most left a little to be desired, but i did not run out talking shit."

Oh, so you agree. I'm glad that you have been around for many years. Most of us have. The point being is that the Grateful Dead have been interwoven into the fabric of so many people's being. Myself included. I didn't set the high expectations for this tour, the Dead did. I feel sorry for you if attended six shows and left feeling that there was little to be desired. You sir, deserve a refund.

Jokerman
Jokerman
5/13/2009 11:34 AM

i caught two shows, the worst dead affiliated shows i've ever seen. (as compared with the other dead tour and any ratdog or phil show) saying that, i don't regret going and i had a blast and would go again if i had the money.

Sixmilliondollar…
Sixmilliondollar…
5/13/2009 01:52 PM

The Dead kick ass.

sahagian
sahagian
5/13/2009 03:21 PM

For those of you crying about greedy bastards, try finding a Phish show on "The Archive"! Out of all the parties mentioned in this article, including The Dead, Apple, and Mosaic Legends... the band is making the least amount of money from this. What's the problem with making money anyway? Should I think you're a sellout or a douche bag when you won't work for free? And for those unfamiliar with "sing along" shows... go see one in New York, sometimes the crown drowns out the band!

lovemusicfood
lovemusicfood
5/13/2009 03:23 PM

Damn. This is so out of hand. Pay even more money. Losers.

michaeljackson
michaeljackson
5/13/2009 07:19 PM

Lets put it this way Armedanian. Say 15 years down the road Trey and Fish die and Page and Mike pick up a couple musicians from the 'jam' scene and try to charge over a hundred dollars per seat on an arena tour playing Phish music. If they do this and then on top of that try and get us to buy some BS iPhone app for $20 we will be saying the same thing.

Jaded Dead fans just can't admit their hero's are in it for the $$$

sahagian
sahagian
5/14/2009 05:39 AM

Michael Jackson (talk about jaded!) Aren't you in your career to make money? Is it fair when someone with half your talent gets paid twice as much as you?

Madonna charges $378; Elton John : $306; The Eagles : $279; AC/DC : $263; Tina Turner : $263; Celine Dion : $240; Bruce Springsteen : $235; Coldplay : $217; Neil Diamond : $217; The Police : $216.

Most would agree The Dead have more talent than any of those acts… yet their ticket prices are less than half! Why don’t you work for me at half price? You’re supposed to be cool, right? Admit it... you're just in it for the money! If you aren’t kind enough to work for half price, why do you bitch and whine when The Dead do?

michaeljackson
michaeljackson
5/14/2009 03:23 PM

No, I am not in my career to make money. In fact, that's the last thing I though about when going to college and finding a job. I work my ass off 45+ hours a week for Americorps and get paid $650 a month and have to rely on food stamps to get by. Apparently I'm not a greedy capitalist such as yourself.

But I guess people like me shouldn't be allowed to go see this crappy, watered down version of the dead even if I wanted to anyway.

michaeljackson
michaeljackson
5/15/2009 01:44 PM

Nobody is stupid for going to college. I have a BS in Biology from the University of Wisconsin. Yes, I could likely be making 6-7x more money than I do at Americorps. Oh well, It's a decision I made and I don't regret it all all. And yes, I'm a Grateful Dead fan and when I see them pull shit like they have on this tour it makes me angry. Am I not allowed to express my displeasure on the message boards? I thought the whole point of these comment sections was to discuss how you fell about the article and band in question, not just fluff the hell out of everything that is posted.

Weenis
Weenis
5/15/2009 06:00 PM

i think some of you guys are so set on defending the dead that you arent listening to what people are actually typing. no one is saying the dead sucks, or that no one should pay money to see them. most people are just saying that this tour has been way overpriced, and with all the little things they are doing to make money outside of charging 100 bucks to see the show, the whole "feel" this tour seems a little different than in years passed, or maybe its the motivations that are different. no one is saying the dead should play for free...i didnt read one person say that. But maybe if the tix were 50 bucks, like they should be, this wouldnt be an issue. and whoever posted that AC/DC ticket prices crap...thats such bullshit. ac/dc's last tour tix were 45 bucks...not 263. way to lie just to get a point across...

the420maker
the420maker
5/21/2009 06:27 PM

hey caserock....

please notice notice that your inspired defense of the utter shite that was passed off as the latest "dead tour" mentioned "lot scene" before "music." great priorities there, bud

i'm so tired of all you hippies defending the dead like they are at ALL relevant to this scene today. hang it up, brahs.

drkurt
drkurt
5/22/2009 03:08 PM

This was an interesting tour..... I got to see 4 shows (3 east-coast; 1-west) the people and the scene were AWESOME... just like the old days...... lots of friendly-cats and people out for a great time. The shows were also a blast for the same reasons that they were years ago. Musically I have to say that there were some really cool MOMENTS..... but there was definitely looseness and something was missing from the overall sound of it. Vocally...... Warren should have been given ALL of Jerry's vocals and Bobby should do Bobby...... and Phil..... (stick with Box of Rain). The other thing was that the Jerry leads unlike lead guitar in many other bands out there...... Jerry's leads are like vocals... they come across like "melody".... without them..... it sounds empty at times.

That is my take on the tour....... that all said..... I am so glad to catch THE DEAD whenever I can...... loved them then and love them still.... For those that want to hear the sound of the dead back in the day.... go see D.S.O. they are the real deal....and just keep getting better. KEEP THIS MUSIC ALIVE!!!!!..... The World Needs it NOW more than ever.

PEACE EVERYBODY!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use