Dead Tour iPhone App
JamBase
JamBase
5/10/2009 12:00 AM

Dead Tour iPhone App

Mr_McDankenstein
Mr_McDankenstein
5/12/2009 01:10 PM

really? 20 bucks and how many shows left? 3?

Weenis
Weenis
5/12/2009 01:24 PM

hopefully it would give a person access to all sbd's or something...

seems like this tour has been riddled with new ways to make The Dead some cash. I love them, dont get me wrong, but its all about the money this tour, IMO.

Confucius
Confucius
5/12/2009 01:49 PM

Who said this tour was about the music and not the money?

malnor
malnor
5/12/2009 01:56 PM

20 bucks! What a fucking joke! This seals the deal for me, no way I give these money hoarding old farts any more of my money. Screw 'The Dead'!

boknows
boknows
5/12/2009 01:58 PM

Its also about shilling for the Democratic party. Obama has already taken credit for their resurgence in several press releases.

Glad I skipped their Northeast shows. Rather save it for some smaller acts.

brotherreed
brotherreed
5/12/2009 02:23 PM

Well, I just bought this app and it may be the best thing I've bought all year. The sound quality is super crisp and I love being able to listen to the shows I couldn't attend.

I'm Stoked!

michaeljackson
michaeljackson
5/12/2009 02:42 PM

^ I suggest you check out archive.org. There are ACTUAL Grateful Dead shows that DON'T suck and are FREE.

AssWorks
AssWorks
5/12/2009 03:08 PM

oh sweet. This will go well with my paris hilton iphone app. And just when I thought the dead wouldn't ask for any more of my money

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
5/12/2009 03:44 PM

ive never paid a cent to the dead for their music, why start now

caserok
caserok
5/12/2009 06:34 PM

All you punks talking shit about the Dead can kiss my ass. Truly you have know idea what you are talking about. This Dead tour has kicked a lot of ass, and you can only hope that when your favorite band is touring at 70 years old they can bring it. Both Chicago shows had the lot scene, music, and people that started this shit. It pisses me off that you talk crap.

rster22
rster22
5/12/2009 08:51 PM

WORD. its isnt the same but no one is saying it is.

give it some respect!!!

imRonBurgundy
imRonBurgundy
5/12/2009 10:49 PM

"Both Chicago shows had the lot scene, music, and people that started this shit."

That was common in every city that the Dead stopped in. The Deadheads were the best thing going at each tour stop. Let the hype die and listen to the mediocre music that was made during this tour. Highlights were few and far between and they really didn't start sounding decent until LA.

As far as kissing your ass caserok...grow up. If you are satisfied with what you saw this tour then so be it. Don't slam others for being disappointed with the obvious.

JKashola
JKashola
5/13/2009 06:47 AM

The Dead show in Hartford sucked. They sounded washed up and bad, not to mention they played cover songs. If I paid face value for a ticket I would have been pissed...

beatstock
beatstock
5/13/2009 08:00 AM

Did this band EVER have sing alongs?

I agree with the above poster, let the hype die down, and then listen to the medieocre tunes, everyone will realize that it's just not that much of an accomplishment, with the money made on this tour I'm pretty sure David Gilmour and Rodger Waters will be getting back together. I am not a hater but if everyone wouldn't hype this up to be something it's not I would keep my mouth shut...

It seems like anyone will open their mouths for a spoonful of bullshit these days and eat it with a smile even though they're thinking "man this shit sucks"

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use