Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Railroad Earth | 05.01.09 | S.F.
JamBase
JamBase
5/8/2009 12:00 AM

Railroad Earth | 05.01.09 | S.F.
Kicked off by Cornmeal, this night confirms RRE's status as one of the masters...

Altacasta1
Altacasta1
5/8/2009 04:43 PM

These two nights were truly spectacular, and the review paints a really good picture, but that experience simple can't be put into words. They took things to a whole new level at the Fillmore, especially Saturday night... wow.

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
5/8/2009 05:00 PM

Im in tears!

Tears of warmth mixed with disbelief that in the 21st century surrounded by more than ever, that we can celebrate this together, and take a step back a week later and hear the shows and read a top notch review that truly captures our feelings of the whole flow of this weekend.

This was truly my favorite Fillmore experience.

Dennis hit it all, but I will add on to the feeling of the audience - band swirl exchange was VERY strong on these nights. Thats a regular thing with our Jam world indeed, but these nights it was so remarkable that it almost made this whirlwind one of a kind.

Its OK to cry! "Gonna take these old chains off me, drop em to the floor, I cant stand to hear them rattle anymore....bye bye say goodbye, all those days are done, riding on the glory of the Saddle of the Sun" ~todd s.

Thanks equally to the audience, the journalists, the tapers, and the band and crew for enriching life.

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
5/8/2009 05:00 PM

Great read, Dennis! I've never seen a 'bad' RRE show and to catch them at, quite possibly, my favorite indoor venue would have been great!

lebyron
lebyron
5/8/2009 05:48 PM

Wow, thanks for the article and pictures. I've had some incredible experiences at RRE shows and I wish I could have been there for this. It seems to be getting better and better every time. I love these guys!

misujerr
misujerr
5/8/2009 06:26 PM

Wow, Dennis nails it again! Thanks for bringing the feelings back up, truly a magical weekend! I don't know if Dennis knew it but Cornmeal's guitar player was called away on a "family emergency" so they weren't even at full strength. The bass player played guitar and RRE's bass player filled in.

Thanks!

Fritz
Fritz
5/8/2009 06:33 PM

I first saw these guys at HSMF in 2001, something like their 17th show ever. I was instantly a huge fan. Watching them grow and morph into the monster that they now are has been the best musical ride that I've ever been on, and I've been on a few. The music speaks for itself, as Dennis so eloquently writes, but I'd like to add that the Band and crew are some of the nicest/generous people that you will ever meet. The entire crew were huge fans first, riding the rail until they were offered jobs. The Band mingles with the crowd before and after shows, choosing not to hide backstage. These guys are ripe for the next level, and they deserve all the success in the world.

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
5/8/2009 09:49 PM

RRE are a staple in the musical diet of the enlightened. onward and upward RRE. see you in Arkansas

gmoo
gmoo
5/9/2009 01:36 AM

Great article. Dennis you are the man. Sounds like you had an awesome time at the show. I have yet to see Railroad Earth but I'm looking forward to my first show. Cornmeal is gonna throw down at Summercamp for sure!

frenchdog
frenchdog
5/9/2009 06:41 AM

Dennis, Ralph J. Gleason is looking down on you, and he's Smilin'.

travis1999
travis1999
5/9/2009 08:35 AM

lol what a joke.... this review sounds like you work for the band and and your trying to sell some records for them...

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
5/9/2009 09:48 AM

And you sound like someone who hasnt really listened to RRE yet. I mean, read the comments....Dennis Cook is very colorful and creamy in his descriptions and does boast the bands, but I think youre getting something else confused with passion and writing style.

Dicky79
Dicky79
5/9/2009 11:02 AM

love me some RRE.

fyi to the reviewer, the venue is called THE FILLMORE, not the fillmore auditorium. the fillmore AUDITORIUM is in denver.

mattguff9
mattguff9
5/9/2009 11:20 AM

Saw RRE early on in the tour in MPLS and they were smokin' as always. The riff interplay between John and Tim is technically and spiritually enlightening. It looks like Hard Livin' is going to be their standard closer for this tour and maybe for a while. Love the bass sax in this song. I agree with many of the posts that RRE is the best live band going right now. Don't miss them when they come to your town!!!

bluefox
bluefox
5/9/2009 07:15 PM

I just don't get these guys, a lot of my friends are huge fans. I respect the musicianship for sure, especially Tim Carbone but just don't like the songs... I guess I tend to like my rock music with rock instrumentation which for the record the Band stuck to most of the time.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use