Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

24 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
The Dead | 04.28 | New Jersey Pics from Jay Blakesberg!
JamBase
JamBase
4/29/2009 12:00 AM

The Dead | 04.28 | New Jersey Pics from Jay Blakesberg!
Branford Marsalis joins The Dead in East Rutherford, NJ and we've got the pics from back stage to front row...

Joshc104
Joshc104
4/29/2009 09:58 AM

Dear Mr. Fantasy !!!

PoisonOrchid
PoisonOrchid
4/29/2009 10:15 AM

PLay us a tune. haha I cant wait to listen to the IZOD tapes stoked to see Branford sit in for almost the whole night. I have a WSP tape where JB claims Panic has been playin Mr. Fantasy longer than traffic haha peace and good vibes

NICU971
NICU971
4/29/2009 10:19 AM

That show was unreal last night. Phil's face says it all.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
4/29/2009 12:01 PM

Did JB really say that? That's ridiculous....WSP were little kids in diapers when Traffic was playing that song....In fact, even The Grateful Dead have been playing it longer than Panic.

Strainger
Strainger
4/29/2009 12:27 PM

^^ I dont know, I think he means they have played it longer, as far as years go. Panic has probably been playing it for 20+ years, whereas Traffic was only together for a couple years. I dont think the Dead started playing it until the Brent era in the 80's so they may have played it for 10 years.

Elkobrd
Elkobrd
4/29/2009 12:32 PM

Dam what a setlist i cant wait to listen to this, anyone that went, did it sound as good as the sets look, please tell me it is. Brandord siting in, that is deffiantlly a treat, wish they would have him sit in more, thats why i love Ratdog so much, bring on the jazz influence with the SAX. dead you are bringing the A game now, keep it coming for the summer.

Elkobrd
Elkobrd
4/29/2009 12:34 PM

^^^correction^^Branford to correct myself, and i dont mean that he plays with Ratdog, just that Ratdog has a Sax player

beatlerific
beatlerific
4/29/2009 12:40 PM

wow. that setlist is dope! i hope the boys are on fire in two weeks when i see em in san fran! can't wait!

they look like they were havin a lot of fun last night too!

waxtrax
waxtrax
4/29/2009 01:50 PM

I dont think The Dead have scheduled enough shows in the DC-NY-Boston-Phily area. Hey Dead member/management HOW about adding 30 more to the area....WTF? And by the way Im so sick of all the great shows being in New York. Like the Allman brothers run last month, the Phil Lesh run a few months earlier, the Cream reunion a few years ago and even the Dead Weather had to do their first show ever in NYC. SUX!

irtimed
irtimed
4/29/2009 02:10 PM

looks like the best show yet!

monolith942
monolith942
4/29/2009 02:19 PM

my favorite part of ratdog has always been the merging of sax and dead music, and this setlist is ridiculous... i love how phil's joy and exuberance simply cannot be contained. Rothbury is gonna be the most transcendent music summit the midwest has seen in years, and i sure hope branford can make it.

denverguy
denverguy
4/29/2009 03:00 PM

Waxtrax, no offense dude, but did you expect the Cream reunion show would have been in Memphis? or that an historic run like allmans @ the beacon could happen anywhere but new york? It's the cultural center of america, of course they're gonna get better music than you or me.

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
4/29/2009 03:30 PM

well....i wont go as far as finkle does but yeah screw New York. thats one place I will never ever go. To many bitchy people. why not a 15 night run in chicago?

MyDogIsBlaze
MyDogIsBlaze
4/29/2009 04:06 PM

^^^WOW, the show was in NEW JERSEY, YOU GUYS NEED A TISSUE, SO MUCH LOVE LAST NIGHT>>>> NO PLACE FOR ASSHOLES LIKE YOU TWO: FINKLE AND BADGERGIRL,STAY HOME! first off, last nights show was hands down, one of the sickest shows I have seen in a long ass time. They were tight, JB was killing it, and just an amazing setlist. Thanks fellas!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use