Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

38 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
ACL: Pearl Jam, DMB, KOL Beasties, Dead Weather, STS9
MrElbert
MrElbert
4/28/2009 06:55 PM

Kings of Leon are, for some reason, HUGE in the UK. As in, they are probably one of, if not THE most popular American bands going on right now. They headlined the Friday night of last year's Glastonbury festival, which is bigger than Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza and ACL combined. (Note : Not Literally. I don't mean to set off a debate about the size of festivals, but you get the point.)

megustaphish
megustaphish
4/28/2009 07:43 PM

for those who say tribe cannot throw down in the day check this one out http://www.archive.org/details/sts92008-05-23._KLowe_16bit probably musicly, the best single set tribe show i have seen

dazeblank
dazeblank
4/28/2009 07:44 PM

late nights can be a bummer depending on how they work out, last year i left right after the raconteurs, missed the foo fighters completly, not that i cared at all, and went late night black keys at stubbs, we got there with two songs left on the opening act, saw all the keys, i didnt care because i saw all i wanted to see but the schedual could mess someone up

technopagan
technopagan
4/29/2009 11:05 AM

ok ok - ego trip, I apologize.

I'm just tired of these kinds of festivals.

I get it, it's great for some.

Just not what I'm looking for I suppose.

And I certainly meant no hate on sts9, it's the shitty booking that gets me,

If you pay to see a band at a festival, you shouldn't be teased with 45 minutes, then expected to pay another fee to see a whole show.

bigmikedmb
bigmikedmb
4/30/2009 09:03 AM

looks fantastic.

DMB rocking festival crowds all across america. love it!

5boro87
5boro87
4/30/2009 11:08 AM

"Please stay away from Austin if you like to party." haha what a fucking moron. i personally hate this fest and even though the lineup is pretty decent this year i most likey will just go to after shows. you cant say nothing happens when bars close...you just gotta know where to go. in 2007 i left sts9 at la zona to go to the enchanted forest(RIP) for a all night EOTO set. most places that host late parties are private and BYOB too

Shagadellic
Shagadellic
5/1/2009 10:28 AM

4/28/2009 05:24 PM • [Report Abuse]

This is a great lineup. Very diverse. But If you havent been, You should all stay home. Austin sucks there is nothing to do afeter the shows, and all the bars close early. Do NOT buy late night tics for Stubbs, La Zona Rosa, Antones, or the Parish. they all suck too. Please stay away from Austin if you like to party. Anyways I will be getting tics to all the late nights, and going to bed early so I can get up for church.

i really hope this is sarcasm.

AintNoFreedom
AintNoFreedom
5/4/2009 08:27 PM

3 day passes are sold out already?? B.S... Ticket prices skyrocket when you have to buy single day tickets. Scam. But alas, I think I'm going to eventually shell it out anyways.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use