Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

21 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Caribbean Holidaze On Sale
Mr_McDankenstein
Mr_McDankenstein
4/28/2009 09:31 AM

this would be more insane if it was tribe instead of the biscuits.

maggie1183
maggie1183
4/28/2009 01:04 PM

ah yet another completely unhelpful jambase comment board. here...

1) i went to holidaze both years and had a blast. it's like disneyland for adults. all you can eat and drink, good tourist activities and on-site fun as well. customs are customs; don't need to worry about your fun in a twomp bag; the staff at hedo and breezes and the dudes with the conch shells have you covered.

2) music goes from roughly 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. thurs-sun and it's incredible. if you don't like the bands, there's no reason to go. you'll be staying next door to brownie and/or bayliss if you're at breezes, so leave the hate in the states.

3) we had a couple friends go solo last year and they had a great time in spite of having randoms for roomies. because of the location and the price, terr rats and most wooks are eliminated. everyone who comes is there for the vibe, the music and to share the holidaze with like-minded people. our crew made some great new friends on the beach and i cherish those moments in that little bay. if the boys from vermont hadn't eaten my savings this year, i'd be back in a heartbeat.

djschusta
djschusta
4/28/2009 04:31 PM

Hahaha for that same price I could backpack across central america for at least a month. And then at least my money would go to the citizens of developing nations, not some rich euro asshole who built an all inclusive. And if I travel out of the country, I kinda like to immerse myself in the culture, including listening to the live music actually from that country. Independent traveling is way better for your soul IMO. Also, don't you think you should be meeting and greeting the locals if you have the money and the means to leave the country? Whatever, to each their own.. I am just saying you will do much better for your soul if you don't go to an all inclusive resort if you are lucky enough to travel outside of the country.

nomadkidd
nomadkidd
4/28/2009 05:36 PM

I wish someone on a jambase thread would tell me how to spend my money. Im not sure what I like.

Danimal
Danimal
4/28/2009 05:40 PM

Djschusta- You've got a real dickhead "more socially conscious than thou" thing going on. If people want to go see bands they like in a different setting than the states offer, who the fuck are you to say that's a bad thing.

kider54
kider54
4/28/2009 08:09 PM

So, went both years. Had great times. Brought more friends and even my mom to the second one. New Deal makes this one worth going to if the money was handed to me, but not really trying to go to Jamaica for the 4th time in 5 years. I'm gonna have to agree with djschusta, but not saying any of you guys should do the same. "to each his own" I actually have gone early and stayed late every year and actually went into the country instead of staying at the all inclusives. Great times except for getting held up a knife point. I wasn't traveling smart. No worries, holidaze will be moving to a different location next year, and I'll be back.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use