Rothbury: Headliner Schedule
JamBase
JamBase
4/27/2009 12:00 AM

Rothbury: Headliner Schedule

NICU971
NICU971
4/27/2009 05:17 AM

4th of July with The Dead will be sweet!

joeyb4
joeyb4
4/27/2009 06:36 AM

NOt bad. Not bad at all.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
4/27/2009 06:39 AM

Yea I am happy with this also, but it seems like they might be having a hard time selling tickets? I do like the idea though.

bnaylor
bnaylor
4/27/2009 06:53 AM

the 5th is going to put many people to sleep. fuck bob dylan nowa days sorry but hes done and should retire. Bring back panic to close this down, and surprise me with Tool....

Salmonwill
Salmonwill
4/27/2009 06:54 AM

So does that mean The Crowes will headline on Thursday night? Still hopin for a surprise headliner announcement, but if it doesn't come, I can't complain......

Joshl92482
Joshl92482
4/27/2009 06:59 AM

U.S blues to open?

phunkyjedi08
phunkyjedi08
4/27/2009 07:01 AM

hah, a two day ticket that lets you see Dylan and The Dead but NOT the one single SCI show in the forseeable future? what a gaff. 100% SCI >>>>>> The (not-Grateful) Dead + Dylan

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
4/27/2009 07:04 AM

^^to you maybe, but i would take the dead over cheese anyday.

tommont
tommont
4/27/2009 07:14 AM

This is an interesting start, I want to see what else Rothbury will have to offer this year. W/ Treasure Island, Outside Lands and Hardly Strictly Bluegrass i'm pretty good on the festival scene just staying here in the good ole bay area. BNaylor i tend not to dis others comments on this or any other comment board but really? Dylan is over? that comment only shows that you've not been paying attention. WSP is fine, i've followed and loved them for years. And Tool is undeniable. But to suggest that Dylan is done only shows that either a)you don't like him or his (current anyway) music or b) you just don't get it, the guy is an icon for a good reason. Good call Joshl92482!

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
4/27/2009 07:16 AM

Dylan will be a perfect chill out headliner to finish out sunday. The CRowes should definitely headline thursday . kick this fest off with a bang.

chidodger
chidodger
4/27/2009 07:30 AM

You know, I have not bought a ticket yet, but I think the 2-day pass may be a better option for me. It's not like this will be the last sci show ever(I'm putting my money on a fall/winter tour), and I have a feeling Dylan on sunday will just be one monster jam with lots of special guests. The wait on wheather or not the fest was happening may have really hurt them, since so many other fests were announced before roth, and people went ahead and bought tickets thinking that Roth wasn't even going to happen this summer. Sucks not being able to see bisco on thursday, but more than anything, I want to see the entire schedule to see who the saturday latenight acts are.

chidodger
chidodger
4/27/2009 07:32 AM

HOWEVER, weekend passes thru ticket brokers may drop BIG TIME in price because of this news, so maybe I'll get a weekend pass for around the same price.

TheMusicNeverSto…
TheMusicNeverSto…
4/27/2009 07:38 AM

Cub i agree with you, i think the Dylan show will be full of surprises, maybe some Dead sit ins, might see his son Jakob come out and play a song. And i like him closing it out Sunday so that all the bnaylors of the world can go home and not bitch about how Dylan is over and shouldn't be at festivals and how terrible he sounds. I get tired of that, Dylan will jam pretty hard and it seems as though he is havin a good time this summer. Should be a good weekend.

toaster100
toaster100
4/27/2009 08:11 AM

sound tribe Thursday headliner?? cant wait!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use