Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

28 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Bob Dylan Sets Tour With Nelson and Mellencamp
PoisonOrchid
PoisonOrchid
4/24/2009 01:10 PM

Yea im stoked for the Aberdeen maryland date but Mellencamp im with yall on that page. I suppose with his folk/rock records that he may appeal. Like Aint that America and thats all i know but thats pretty folksy all about America i dunno if id like to catch him tho, someone said his backing band rages and id sure hope so if they are added to Bury (Which he and his band hopefully wont ((At least to take a headlining space would suck.))) Hopefully tho we can all look past this and go see some living legends ( Bob and Willie) crossed this country more times than 99.9 percent of us and seen a whole lot more. They know we know rock

PoisonOrchid
PoisonOrchid
4/24/2009 01:13 PM

one more thing to there are always those super surprises at festies you never thought youd like and they blow your mind. every single festie has one for me and my freinds. Peace

danthestanman
danthestanman
4/24/2009 01:28 PM

I like dylan, but that mustache has to go

bitsmit63
bitsmit63
4/24/2009 02:05 PM

Outdoor summer shows in the Arizona & Nevada deserts?

Willie won't be the only one baked at these shows...

AzimuthCoordinat…
AzimuthCoordinat…
4/24/2009 03:35 PM

woo-hoo! Round Rock in August!

ointment
ointment
4/24/2009 03:57 PM

Rothbury said there will be no artist additions until June 1st so I think there waitin til roos about to go down so they can add phish

Deadphishbiscuits
Deadphishbiscuits
4/24/2009 05:00 PM

i think this would be a good time, may be in the cuse in july...why all the hate on mellencamp?

irtimed
irtimed
4/24/2009 06:23 PM

false advertisement... you wont get NEAR to the greatness of the Ballad Of A Thin Man if you see dylan now.

danimal2
danimal2
4/25/2009 08:56 PM

no good. This is gonna be a greatest hits package. His band wont get down and play any rare stuff on this tour. I'll see him at Rothbury

TheMusicNeverSto…
TheMusicNeverSto…
4/27/2009 07:45 AM

Danimal i am a little surprised you think it will be the greatest hits package, i mean yes you are likely to get Summer Days maybe Highway 61 and Blowin/Rolling Stone/Watchtower. But the rest he rotates out and does a pretty good job of mixing old and new. You could get the Man in Me followed by John Brown. He takes about 100 or 120 songs and rotates them through. But I mean with his new album out you will get a bunch of different stuff this tour. Plus he changes the different progressions of his old songs all the time.

rainydayman
rainydayman
4/27/2009 09:38 AM

John Cougar MelonHead is going to be a buzz killer but otherwise.....hell yeah!!!

And regarding the comment about "greatest hits," Floyd (above) is correct. In fact, after Dylan's new CD comes out April 28 he will begin playing some of those new songs on heavy rotation.

Here's a link to his recent set lists, currently in Europe. http://www.boblinks.com/

cofor20
cofor20
4/27/2009 11:28 PM

Kids under 14 free, cool. A nice day at the ballpark with the family!

Fultzwagon
Fultzwagon
4/28/2009 08:34 AM

Yes!! Fifth Third is a great ballpark to see a game can't wait to see Dylan in there!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use