Bob Dylan Sets Tour With Nelson and Mellencamp
JamBase
JamBase
4/24/2009 12:00 AM

Bob Dylan Sets Tour With Nelson and Mellencamp

TheMusicNeverSto…
TheMusicNeverSto…
4/24/2009 10:31 AM

Hope to see some dates in June, surprisingly short and sporadic. See you all in TN 7/29

geyser
geyser
4/24/2009 10:38 AM

Does this mean Mellecamp will be at Rothbury? If so, what a waste of a headliner slot.

SCIcane
SCIcane
4/24/2009 11:26 AM

Mellencamp @ Roth would be worse than Bruce @ Roo. Please no. I don't need an excuse to sleep @ Roth. I won't be able to get back up for late night.

Other interesting thing is will dylan & willie be playing same day? back to back? that would be a real mellow night.

crazyleggedelbow
crazyleggedelbow
4/24/2009 11:43 AM

my dad raised me on Mellencamp, i never listened to a lick of springsteen in my life... personally mellencamp bored the piss out of me, but i'd rather get nasty drunk and watch mellencamp at roo than springsteen, just cuz I'd be familiar with lots of the songs... plus i've seen mellencamp with my parents 2 or 3 times, and his backing band rages. they've got some good tunes if you can look past Jack & Diane and Hurts So Good...

anyway, mellencamp/springsteen arguments aside, anyone who thinks mellencamp will play roth is rothtarded.

different strokes for different folks. i know if this came to my town, my parents would be all over it.

chidodger
chidodger
4/24/2009 11:49 AM

I have nothing against Mellencamp at Rothbury as a performer, but I must agree with those above that he would NOT be a good choice for a 3rd headliner. Although i'm sure many would be able to sing along word for word to many of his songs, I just don't think it would go over that well with everyone in attendence. I'm still guessing Phish or Panic as the 3rd headliner this year, with the Allmans getting added, as well as Umphreys getting added as a late-night headliner(maybe playing the entire Mantis album).

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/24/2009 12:20 PM

He looks like Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer...

rainydaywomen420
rainydaywomen420
4/24/2009 12:36 PM

phish already announced bonnaroo would be their sole festival appearance this summer. i think mellencamp is a very poor choice, touring alongside willie and dylan is blasphemous. Although i saw dylan around 04 and he was touring with merle haggard but mellencamp is still very disappointing. Cant wait for rothbury, truly think we will see a dylan and the dead revisited performance

rainydaywomen420
rainydaywomen420
4/24/2009 12:38 PM

oh yeah, forgot to mention dylan very well may be the son of god

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
4/24/2009 12:39 PM

I'm so happy now, I'm off to see Hot Tuna and Franti tonight and this made my day even better. Glendale, AZ will be awesome. I saw Willie in Jan and he's still got it. I love me some Weed, Whiskey and Willie and to add Dylan, which I missed the last tour they did together, along with Melloncamp, even though, i'm not a big Melloncamp fan, I think this whole deal is great. It does suck though for Camp to be playing Roth as Headliner, keep him as the Farm-Aid headliner, have Dead, Willie and Dylan headline. Oh well, can't wait for August!

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
4/24/2009 12:40 PM

...That's if Camp plays Roth as headliner...

denverguy
denverguy
4/24/2009 12:57 PM

Um, there's absolutely nothing in the article that would suggest mellencamp will play rothbury, people.

chidodger
chidodger
4/24/2009 01:04 PM

Phish also announced that thier origional dates were the "only" dates.......and then they added more. bury bury bury.

bburnett
bburnett
4/24/2009 01:06 PM

This threw me a HUGE curve ball!! I could have sworn that Rothbury would have placed Willie at the 4:20 on the 4th, but they aint there!!! oh man, who will conduct the eelebrations of the festie-wide toke session?????

PoisonOrchid
PoisonOrchid
4/24/2009 01:10 PM

Yea im stoked for the Aberdeen maryland date but Mellencamp im with yall on that page. I suppose with his folk/rock records that he may appeal. Like Aint that America and thats all i know but thats pretty folksy all about America i dunno if id like to catch him tho, someone said his backing band rages and id sure hope so if they are added to Bury (Which he and his band hopefully wont ((At least to take a headlining space would suck.))) Hopefully tho we can all look past this and go see some living legends ( Bob and Willie) crossed this country more times than 99.9 percent of us and seen a whole lot more. They know we know rock

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use