Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

20 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
The Dead | 04.23 | Letterman Pics from Jay Blakesberg!
puseykev
puseykev
4/24/2009 07:17 PM

ahhhh...I remember the first time The Grateful Dead played on Letterman (Late Night?) back in 1980 (?)...and after the song (can't remember what they played...short-term memory loss), Jerry and Bobby sat down to talk. They were obviously buzzed, and Bobby looked very "wired" to the point where he kept sniffing, and wiping his nose. Finally, after talking, Letterman said, "We're going to take a commercial break now...and we'll also let Bobby blow his nose"...it was so crazy! Anybody remember that?

phish_420
phish_420
4/24/2009 11:44 PM

Can we stop having Warren sing in the Dead, really ruined the experience for me, and I want my 150$ million back on my ticket price. Phil with Scofield, amazing, Dead with Warren, sucks

alienscape
alienscape
4/25/2009 08:57 PM

Bobby Weir is a slob.

rainydayman
rainydayman
4/29/2009 05:46 PM

hmmm....I see Brian Doyle Murray plays drums now.

goose31285
goose31285
5/1/2009 12:22 AM

nice video. bobby is in pretty good voice. phil and warren's playing sound really good. i really like the keyboardist (can't think of his name at the moment). yah i was a little disappointed they didn't jam out into daydream but hey they're playin' on TV friggin' letterman what do you expect? not like they were gonna play dark star

^^^idk i really don't mind warren's singing - phil sounds like a 90 year old man tho, but hey i still love the guy^^^

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use