Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

20 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
The Dead | 04.23 | Letterman Pics from Jay Blakesberg!
JamBase
JamBase
4/24/2009 12:00 AM

The Dead | 04.23 | Letterman Pics from Jay Blakesberg!
The Dead performed "Sugar Magnolia" last night on the Late Show with David Letterman, JamBase is there...

gcloondes
gcloondes
4/24/2009 10:14 AM

phil looks so slick with that modded bass....blue leds are perfect for HD television

TheBlackMamba
TheBlackMamba
4/24/2009 10:20 AM

What did it mean when Letterman says at the end "Remember . . . there is no Dead CD" ???

Owen85
Owen85
4/24/2009 10:28 AM

i think he's referring to the fact that music doesn't die. ya know? kinda dumb but hes gotta point.

ps. im diggin this new layout for comments. its was gettin outta control with all the thumbs and shit talking.

Hankskool
Hankskool
4/24/2009 10:32 AM

Rock and Roll. Freedom of Speech Baby.

BGsteveBG
BGsteveBG
4/24/2009 10:46 AM

That b*tch that was on right before them was f*cking PAINFUL to sit through

chux7487
chux7487
4/24/2009 10:50 AM

good little run on letterman also nice to see the Dead crew gettin some love in the pictures cause the new lighting rig is phat as hell they deserve it. yea i think letterman just had a slip of tounge and covered his ass with a flaky line haha. enjoy the show tonight to all who attend!!

phorgetful
phorgetful
4/24/2009 11:02 AM

he ment there is no dead CD because usually bands promote CD's before they play on letterman. Earlier in the show he held up a card that said there is no dead CD

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
4/24/2009 11:28 AM

Why did Letterman cut Sugar Mag short? I was ready for them to start rocking out and Dave comes over and gives them the old heave ho.....It's not like anyone watches Craig Ferguson anyway, that guy's show is downright awful

surlybuf
surlybuf
4/24/2009 12:09 PM

Nice bass. I was thinking as I was watching, I guess they haven't written any new music in the last 20 years. A national stage and they are still playing a song from the 70's.

billsweeney
billsweeney
4/24/2009 12:18 PM

What is up with Warren did he change shirts mid song or are some of the pics from soundcheck

BRAHnnie_Lott
BRAHnnie_Lott
4/24/2009 12:30 PM

they did finsih sugar mag. they just didn't go into sunshine daydream.

Lotusdream
Lotusdream
4/24/2009 12:38 PM

I love the one of Phil leaning on his amp looking like a badass!

PoisonOrchid
PoisonOrchid
4/24/2009 12:56 PM

Good shit. I was tryin to figure out what Phil was gesturing at the end. He looks like hes sayin Dave Lettermen is a square? I have no idea but him and Billy are crackin up over it haha. Also did you notice warren was about to rip after 2nd chorus and then Bobby came to stop him. Phil gives nasty looks over that stuff i saw it with Jackie Greene and now with Haynes. He doesnt like solos where there is no extended time ya know ha Phil is the man keeps that shit together along with the rythym devils. So glad I caught them in DC,(which need i remind u that tipper gore guested with them on Sugar Mag hahahahaha) cant wait for rothbury and maybe if i get lucky sat at spectrum woooo.

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
4/24/2009 03:58 PM

How does Phil concentrate enough to play slithery bass licks with a dragon around his shoulder?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use