Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

11 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
The Dead | 04.15 | Charlottesville
JamBase
JamBase
4/22/2009 11:44 AM

The Dead | 04.15 | Charlottesville
Hipsters, tripsters, and real cool chicksters Doin' That Rag. Band is strong, but...

Putnameter
Putnameter
4/22/2009 12:25 PM

Interesting write-up, but you did not metion the huge lack of energy by the band. It wasn't just vocals that were lacking. My favorite band by far, but new shows have left me feeling (not empty handed, for lack of better words) but just not feeling really satisfied at the shows conclusion. Just does not sound as high-quality as the previous tour. I will hold off from seeing live until they bring Jimmy Herring back! I do really hope for an awesome Ratdog show that grooves a little harder at ALL GOOD!!!

shanky95
shanky95
4/22/2009 12:32 PM

Are they playing "Playin' in the Band" at every show this tour?

PWA
PWA
4/22/2009 12:33 PM

"The only weak moments involved Weir's vocals" no way, can't be true. Bobby, stop trying to sing Jerry tunes, please. know your roll. see you soon.

Hollowdweller
Hollowdweller
4/22/2009 02:28 PM

Not only in 85 but people rushed the gates in 84 in Richmond.

I love Warren, and I loved the Dead, but although the Dead were slow about putting albums out, why are the remaining members so uncreative and they seem to want to stand on Jerry's work so much? Where are the new songs? John Barlow is still alive. So is Hunter, yet you could probably count the new songs by former members of the Dead on your hands.

Weir has a great voice and many great tunes both with the Dead and his solo stuff but instead he tries to sing Jerry stuff which he can't do that well.

Surely they "don't want to live forever in the shadow of him leaving them behind"

COLOSKIER
COLOSKIER
4/22/2009 05:42 PM

That bass Phil Lesh is pretty crazy looking.. it looks like every fret dot is an LED or something? anyone know the story behind it?

COLOSKIER
COLOSKIER
4/22/2009 05:44 PM

*That bass Phil Lesh is using... (got to check my grammar before posting)

804panic
804panic
4/22/2009 06:54 PM

twas a great show

noreika823
noreika823
4/23/2009 08:36 AM

thanks for that review it was a nice read Worcester was fun bring on Hartford :)

olemiss1
olemiss1
4/23/2009 09:00 AM

No way I would pay $100 to see this after to listening to some of the shows. The quality of the music is an insult. Closing set 2 w/ Foolish Heart? Really?

Irienow
Irienow
5/9/2010 01:19 AM

More photos of The Dead in Charlottesville, VA - Furthur - Phil Lesh & Bob Weir http://www.performanceimpressions.com/The_Dead_Phil_Lesh_Bob_Weir_2009_Tour_Photos/index.html

Furthur - Phil Lesh & Bob Weir

http://www.concertphotosmagazine.com

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use