Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

36 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
Coachella | 04.17-04.19 | Indio, CA
skoolkrusher
skoolkrusher
4/24/2009 01:29 AM

listen up miscreants. i will posit that perhaps this reviewer IS in fact original given the current landscape of our disaffected youth culture. i find this review to be everything coachella attempts to embody - and whether you embrace or discard this ethos it should be noted: in this sea of hipster dickheads intent on only voicing their malcontent for everything mommy and daddy couldnt buy them it is a million times over refreshing to read someone's review that seeks the positive in the world, their experiences, and the astounding art around them.

reviewer: thanks for recapping what i missed in a way wholly foreign to this environment of complaining and self indulgence. it sheds a new light on what one could hope to see at such a beautiful display of community involvement.

to the rest of you: consider this - quit using posting boards as a place to voice your malcontent and personal insecurities. if you were such a renowned and accomplished writer, musical analyst, and linguist, wouldnt you have been hired to write this article instead of being relegated to the highly honored annals of message board postings? drop the semantics and contribute positively, if you can muster that ability.

much love.

mesaxi
mesaxi
4/24/2009 05:22 AM

^To add to this...

There a writers, and then there are editors. Lets not forget that the article is filtered by the editor before it is posted. Everyone's trashing the fest, and then trashing the article for not trashing the fest. Let's not forget that JamBase promoted this festival pretty heavily, probably got a shiney dime for it too. They're not going to allow a reviewer to turn around and trash it after all of the promoting they did. I feel that by staying unbiased you get less opinion and more fact from the author, opinions will always be attacked.

titaniumstarship
titaniumstarship
4/24/2009 09:31 AM

I don't think the review sucks, but I do have one question....Did ANY jambands play on this festival??? Why then, are they covering it here??? It frustrates me to see jambase buying in to the indie/hipster trend when that scene continually rips on the jam scene.

mesaxi
mesaxi
4/24/2009 10:59 AM

Just because it's called JamBase doesn't mean they have to strictly cover Jam Bands. Festivals are trying to expand their market by Diversifying (i.e. Bonnaroo), and booking which tend to draw the hipster crowd. Now the two scenes are UNFORTUNATELY beginning to blend, but to each his own. Nobody complains when they report on a Bob Dylan tour, and I'd hardly consider him Jam music.

Ritestyl
Ritestyl
4/24/2009 05:25 PM

mesaxi, I use JamBase pretty regularly and I didn't see any promotion of Coachella. Where is your proof?

redwhiteandgreen, Micheal Franti & Spearhead played Saturday at Coachella.

boom_shanker44
boom_shanker44
4/24/2009 06:16 PM

dear god franti/spearhead is not a jamband....

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use