Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

36 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Coachella | 04.17-04.19 | Indio, CA
JamBase
JamBase
4/21/2009 04:33 PM

Coachella | 04.17-04.19 | Indio, CA
From Beatles and Killers to Mastodon, Cure and Cohen, Coachella once again wows the masses...

snugglinnugs
snugglinnugs
4/21/2009 05:00 PM

wierd bands. are they called hipsters? BLVD is fun.

boom_shanker44
boom_shanker44
4/21/2009 05:05 PM

i think some of these are definitely hipster bands

POTKETTLEB1ACK
POTKETTLEB1ACK
4/21/2009 05:10 PM

coachella was awesome this year and i must say it's a really well run festival. it's hot thought, so bring your own sun screen unless you want to burn.

that being said, this review is terrible. grow some balls and voice a real opinion about something. did you really not have a single negative thing to say about the festival?

oh yeah another reason the review sucks: you saw the killers and travis-djam. FAIL

POTKETTLEB1ACK
POTKETTLEB1ACK
4/21/2009 05:10 PM

coachella was awesome this year and i must say it's a really well run festival. it's hot though, so bring your own sun screen unless you want to burn.

that being said, this review is terrible. grow some balls and voice a real opinion about something. did you really not have a single negative thing to say about the festival?

oh yeah another reason the review sucks: you saw the killers and travis-djam. FAIL

gkwoodward
gkwoodward
4/21/2009 05:48 PM

sounded like a great festival, review was a little weak in it being bloated with cliche terms and useless information...doesn't anyone have anything original to say?

vtotheitothenny
vtotheitothenny
4/21/2009 06:25 PM

six pages of coachella and not a single word or photo of Crookers?? cmon

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
4/21/2009 07:37 PM

No mention of Theivery Corp drowning out Fleet Foxes set? That sounded like a very memorable moment.....2 great bands/artists at a festy dual....LOVE the pics, though! Its great to see the Flaming Lotus Girls' fiya serpent massive on display. I spent hours by that thing at Burning Man 06. Altho this is not on my festival menu, I always love reading reviews. Its like my 80s past mixed with the future mixed with Spin magazine. what a trip, and what days we live in!! WOW. I am glad things like this happen. I dont have to have massive interest to go to not appreciate what is happening these days, where all music matters and theres so many choices in America. In the 80s, this was just a European thing....My have we come a long way!

brianbrian
brianbrian
4/21/2009 08:57 PM

nice review and pictures! i had as much fun as you did. coachella rocks my face off.

5boro87
5boro87
4/21/2009 10:49 PM

hipsterfest 2009. Almost 200,000 people! i wouldnt go to a fest with over 50,000 nevermind that shit. some real good bands though

mesaxi
mesaxi
4/22/2009 05:38 AM

How many Coffee shops did they have set up for this post-rock fiasco?

The Cure look like they've been locked in Boy George's basement

Perry Ferrell looks like he helped Boy George lock The Cure in his basement

Remember the good old days when people could play a show without dancers and costumes and explosions and it would still be interesting because the music was actually GOOD?

treetops78
treetops78
4/22/2009 06:44 AM

Great work Dave! You must have lost 100 lbs based on all the different bands you shot huffing around in that heat!

One thing I hate and remember from Roo is that the Killers don't allow photos of their beautiful faces and will not let press into the pit for first three songs like almost every other band and especially bands that DON'T SUCK like the Killers. Anyone who likes the Killers would get along well with Dick Cheney.

chux7487
chux7487
4/22/2009 07:17 AM

MIA COMING BACK WITH POWER POWER

MIA COMING BACK WITH POWER POWER

MIA IS COMING BACK WITH POWER POWER

ITS BAMBOO BANGA

COLD JAMMA

IM BIG TYMER ITS BAMBOO BANGA

watch out when MIA is on the prowl anyone who has seen this chick live knows what im saying oh yea

mesaxi
mesaxi
4/22/2009 08:16 AM

What the fuck is Bamboo Banga? Nonsense is what

waxtrax
waxtrax
4/22/2009 08:41 AM

treetops78.......................The Killers have never played at ROO.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use