Music Only Discussion Forum

A focused discussion on MUSIC!

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Stanley Clarke
hippiesnames
hippiesnames
5/14/2009 07:20 AM

who knows him. who agrees that he is the greatest bass player. i know jaco i great and claypool is insane, larry graham and many more but as much as i like them all clarke is the ruler. not only is his music so great and hard to play but he just makes it all look so simple. did anyone catch the smv shows? stanley with marcus miller and victor wooten, he makes both of them look like they just started playing bass yesterday. i going to see him 9/25 in buffalo with chick corea and lenny white. to bad they wioll be missing only one member from the original r2f but its cool seeing the 3 will still be a mind blowing experience for me and everyone else thats there

hippiesnames
hippiesnames
5/14/2009 09:09 AM

is anybody here today?

mcwaltersj
mcwaltersj
5/15/2009 05:25 AM

Yes Stanley Clarke is the Sh#$t. School Days was one of my favorite LPs growing up. He's still amazing - have fun at the show.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
5/15/2009 10:31 AM

Caught him with Jean Luc Ponty during the rite of strings tour a couple summers ago, it was very impressive. It was mostly individual playing with a little collaboration at the end, I would have liked a little more jamming together.

hippiesnames
hippiesnames
5/15/2009 10:32 AM

that is an album that everyone should own.

suprised nobody else posted in here, i guess people just don't know what great jazz is any more or just don't care

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
5/15/2009 10:35 AM

I should have added that it was Clarke, Ponty and Al DiMeola, I was spacing on Al's name.

hippiesnames
hippiesnames
5/15/2009 11:43 AM

i waish al was gonna be with them when i see them in sept. i have only seen smv and that was some of the best shit as far as jazz that i ever saw. michael manring is another great bass player but again stanley is the best

zappan
zappan
6/10/2009 07:54 PM

I prefer Holland to Clarke. Especially his work with Miles. Of course, I've listened to Holland a lot more than Clarke. I also prefer Wood and Wooten to Clarke. Again, probably familiarity. Any recommendations to expand my horizons? Especially live stuff!

Peace & Have A Grateful Day!

zappan
zappan
6/10/2009 07:54 PM

I prefer Holland to Clarke. Especially his work with Miles. Of course, I've listened to Holland a lot more than Clarke. I also prefer Wood and Wooten to Clarke. Again, probably familiarity. Any recommendations to expand my horizons? Especially live stuff!

Peace & Have A Grateful Day!

zappan
zappan
6/10/2009 07:55 PM

I hate it when this happens!!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use