Music Only Discussion Forum

A focused discussion on MUSIC!

12 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band....
skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 07:47 AM

I've heard it...and like Radiodread and Dub Side - i LOVE it. Easy Star rocks it with covers...i can't wait to get down and nasty at summer camp.

Have you heard it yet?

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 08:22 AM

oh you know this :)

yes i HIGHLY recommend that you get it - you will be very happy you did. I wonder what album they are gonna remaster next?? i think i smell a Dready Zeppelin cover...

have you heard of Dread Zeppelin?? they are a different band that pretty much do what easy star does instead they solely cover Zeppelin.

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 08:52 AM

i just heard of them too so don't feel bad! i was actually reading up on Easy Star and saw that band's name at the bottom of the screen. I want to hear some of their stuff, i'm on the same wagon as you...zeppelin dub stylee :) that's gotta be fucking insane. Plant even said that Dread Zepp was his fave Zepp cover band! that's sayin a whole lot!

i think we can say that we both are the shiznat esp since we are the only ones holding down this thread! life would be soo much better if we lived closer - i'd so leave chicago if i could right now. I need a drastic change in my life...

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 09:01 AM

i've heard some classic rock renditions of bob... i shot the sheriff being one of them. i only heard it like once or twice, so i pretty much can't tell you who actually covered it. I'm very helpful aren't I? :P

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 09:18 AM

nice!!!!! That sounds fucking stellar.

'..i guess i'll have to settle for Rothbury..' lol you sound slightly disappointed. Roth is going to be in-fuckin-sane, i'm lookin forward to that weekend too!!! i think most of scamp's lineup will be there anyway so you won't miss out on that much. However you will miss out on how hard us illinoisians (def made that up) like to party!!! :P

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 09:36 AM

hahaha i was wondering what that meant anyway...guess i should have been there :'(

I'm pretty sure something will come up, somebody will be tripping or rolling face and yell something random that will end up being the catchphrase of the weekend.

I was think we do something like that at Scamp...hmmmm. This should be done at every festival.

Basers, we should totally have a phrase of our own at fests...

feel the illinoise!!!!! i like that one better ;)

Waka!!!! i wanna go sooo bad!!!!!

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 09:50 AM

hells yeah B! a great way to kick off the season indeed! Caribbean Holidaze falls on my birthday and free L would be nice for that lol I'm hoping i can go this year.

I'd love to be at a fest for my birthday!!! pretty much means you should be out of your body and mind the entire time...imo at least.

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 10:18 AM

is it the 7th hit mark when you can claim insanity?? i'm not implying anything lol i was just wondering..if that is the case - then i'm definitely psycho.

skidazzle420
skidazzle420
4/23/2009 12:48 PM

i'm glad you said that...now i don't feel so bad.

my brain will probably look similar to relish after this summer.

for reals.

andrewpolin
andrewpolin
4/23/2009 02:26 PM

the album is sick! i wish i was hitting up scamp, but im heading to a killer local fest with some amazing music, ill see you guys at rothbury and all good!

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
4/24/2009 07:29 AM

I love these guys too, my heart is broken that i will miss the latenight at scamp but i have my fingers crossed that they will get added to Roth. I havent got to hear this album yet(computer broke) but i have been listening the radiodread a lot lately and i had an amazing experience to dub side of the moon :)

DaKracken
DaKracken
4/24/2009 07:36 AM

Easy Star are definately on to something but I couldn't pass up commenting on the Dread Zepplin reference above-I have seen them a few times and wasn't sure if my face melted from the shredding tunes or from laughing so hard at the great frontman Tortelvis-Tortelvis was a Elvis impersonator who drove a milk trunk and got into a wreck with some rastas in a van and transformed into his character per legend. All the band members are characters also-tortelvis also has a personal towel boy Charlie Hodge that feeds him uppers an whatnot. Rasta zepp with a comedian working his schtickdon't miss it

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use