Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

9 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Trooper-Gate
Lightenupyourload
Lightenupyourload
10/10/2008 06:09 PM

Should Palin still be able to run as VP now that the Republican-dominated panel investigating Trooper-Gate has found that she abused her power by firing Walt Monnegan?

I say no, if she's going to abuse her power as a governor, imagine what she's going to do as VP (I think she already hinted at the role of VP during the debate)

kirkbrew
kirkbrew
10/11/2008 07:57 AM

Hey - Like she said in the debate, she would operate like Cheney. Not only would she, but she has a history.

It gets worse for poor, little Sara: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/08/david-brooks-sarah-palin_n_133001.html

But at least she did not sit on a board with a convict like Bill Ayres, live down the street from him and take $200 in campaign contribution!

leadhead
leadhead
10/11/2008 09:02 AM

keep her on the ticket. If they win (and I pray they don't), I want to see the far right live to regret their conservatism. I live in the wealthiest and most conservative county in my state, and I cannot believe some of the things that come out of these people's mouths. It just makes you sick to your stomach.

Danimal
Danimal
10/11/2008 10:27 AM

Word Dave. That shit pisses me off to no end.

As far as Troopergate goes, I can't imagine the findings are completely non-partisan, but I'll take anything that makes that dumb bitch look bad.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/11/2008 04:56 PM

Palin's "base" is the Middle-American, Meth Addicted, Trailer Park Housewife, who is just threatened by anyone who uses "big words"...calls them "elitists"

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/12/2008 12:00 PM

well, the trooper gate report says she didnt actually do anything illegal here is an article about it that i liked and is fairly short

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1849399-1,00.html

Lightenupyourload
Lightenupyourload
10/12/2008 12:10 PM

What's increasingly disturbing is to what level Todd Palin is involved in his wife's job. If Todd Palin was a govt. employee he would be facing legal issues b/c of his actions. Apparently there are two Palins on the Repub ticket.

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/12/2008 08:44 PM

This whole event just goes to show that one can do some pretty unethical shit not break the the law. The woman is a goat!

DaMule
DaMule
10/13/2008 06:55 AM

trooper gate is pretty overblown...i think most people are capable of seeing that once her "folksy charm" (if thats what you want to call it) wears off palin is a complete rube who is faaaaar to close to getting her finger on the button.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use