Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

9 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Something We Can All Agree On
kirkbrew
kirkbrew
10/10/2008 01:38 PM

Quite simply, TERM LIMITS!

We all agree that the government no longer serves the people.

We all agree that there is too much money in the system.

We all agree that lobbiest and special interest dictate budget priorities and are excessively subsidized.

We all agree that the guys we got now did a pretty piss poor job at getting us to where we are. Shame on them for that. Shame on us for letting them get away with it!

If anyone can resolve these issues with something besides term limits, I’m all eyes and ears!

barry2
barry2
10/10/2008 02:37 PM

you have hit it right on man!!!!!!.

i SO believe that if we had term limits a lot of this corruption from the inside could be held to a minimum.....

nice job kirkbrew!!!.

one other thing most of us can agree on (maybe)..PHISH IS BACK!!!!...HAMPTON BABY!!!!

Danimal
Danimal
10/10/2008 03:35 PM

Yeah, no one should be able to have a thirty year career in Washington. Get in there try to do what you say you're going to do and if you don't, give the next guy a go at it.

leadhead
leadhead
10/11/2008 07:21 PM

One term limit but no election. Instead of voting, buy a lottery ticket for the open position. Your number comes up, you got the job. Steal what you can, maybe do some good along the way.

1radioheader
1radioheader
10/13/2008 03:45 PM

only 1 problem .. . . . . . the constitution. . . . .

I support term limits, but on the federal level the constitution prevents them from being implemented, to make FEDERAL term limits (its ok on the state level) you would need a constitutional amendment exactly like the 22nd Amendment). . . .. .

fishbone1
fishbone1
10/29/2008 06:32 PM

I'm not sure how you thought that "all" would agree on that?

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
10/30/2008 09:20 AM

Well, there are Federal Term Limits on the President, just not on Congress or Supreme Court. State Term Limits are largely up to each state, though I believe certain positions are also federally mandated to not have term limits or vice versa. Dunno.

HWP
HWP
10/30/2008 10:13 AM

I support term limits and amending amendments with regards to term limits(for Sens, Reps, and the SCOTUS).

Jenkem_Garcia
Jenkem_Garcia
10/30/2008 10:14 AM

I do agree with term limits for US congressmen and senators. Take someone like Murtha, for example. He calls his constituents "racists" and "rednecks", but he will probably be reelected at least partly because he has been there for 34 years.

His campaign can tout his chairmanships built from years of seniority as a reason to keep him in there. Long-term congressmen have an increased ability to funnel tons of money into their districts over years to maintain their position. Neither of these two effects is a positive for our government.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use