VOTING DOESN'T WORK
PooDolla
PooDolla
10/21/2008 04:49 PM

I like this guy.^^

dweniger
dweniger
10/22/2008 03:11 AM

Oh please stop complaining about how Bush stole the election!! (And I think Bush is up there with the worst presidents ever) So what would be any different today if Gore won? We would have the same shit economy POSSIBLY minus the Iraq war.

FunkThompson
FunkThompson
10/22/2008 02:39 PM

Not necessarily, legislation was introduced several times regarding predatory lending and the insane interest rates, and killed by republicans (mostly, democrats do share blame in this.)

And if we start talking about basing voting rights on education, or whatever, then you are talking about further limiting the general public's control over the government. While I agree that some people "shouldn't vote" we can't make that some legal precedent. It disenfranchises the poor, who really should be our most important demographic - they are a measuring stick for the health of our nation and economy.

DaKracken
DaKracken
12/30/2011 02:20 AM

I wish straight party votes would be rejected by voting machines-maybe just take an average of registered voters from either party ticket and award votes. If boggles my mind that third party candidates have no chance of winning elections when there is such discontent with congress overall.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use