Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

48 Total Messages • Page 3 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Palin wouldn't make it onto my local shool board
barry2
barry2
10/6/2008 09:51 AM

no those channels can't control that can they?.....i agree, but what they can control is NOT making a deal out of it when democrats are guilty......and that's exactly what they do........"WHAT" stories a channel covers (or doesn't cover) is just as telling as "HOW" they cover the stories that they cover.....as far as their bias.....and if all you recalll from watching these channels you listed is the republicans can't keep out of trouble is exactly what they are programming you to think.....now i say go to fox and watch that with as informed mind that they too are biased and going to show more stories about the dems that are in trouble....then you may start to get to a point where you see both sides as majorly corrupt and we could finally get third parties more involved.....but just because the news channels you are programmed by are not showing the bad side of democrats doesn't mean they don't have a bad side as well

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/6/2008 10:00 AM

all I'm saying is the dems are better at covering their asses, the repubs always seem to be getting caught red handed having gay sex in airport bathrooms or should i say "red assed"...

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/6/2008 10:17 AM

CNN is right down the middle.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/6/2008 10:18 AM

But. reality has a liberal bias.

barry2
barry2
10/6/2008 11:18 AM

reality has no liberal bias........poor excuse to try and justify that CNN is right down the middle.........i guess we'll just disagree on this, but someday you'll see that cnn is as in the tank for the libs as fox is in the tank for conservatives....stunning that you can't see their bias, but i'll take you at your word that you don't see it

barry2
barry2
10/6/2008 11:21 AM

the dems aren't better at covering their asses....they just have a willing media that helps them cover things up, duh

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/6/2008 12:27 PM

the "liberal bias" is extremely exagerated by the right wing. the fact of the matter is the most overbearing bias is the ratings bias, what ever story the station thinks will get more ratings is the story they are gonna run.

1radioheader
1radioheader
10/6/2008 03:40 PM

Lakai has words of wisdom on this, i think

barry2
barry2
10/6/2008 03:50 PM

keep on using your illusion to explain away the liberal bias....its not the story that will get the most viewers, otherwise their ratings would be increasing (and at last check over the past 5-10 years they (cnn,nbc,msnbc,abc,cbs) have lost A LOT of viewers)....so its not that they focus on republicans and undoing them because it will increase viewers....its that most in journalism school lean left and report that way once in their occupation....how is this not obvious to all???

barry2
barry2
10/6/2008 04:36 PM

and i mean the BIAS being "obvious", not the reason...attribute it to what you want.....but just look, its right there in front of you, take off your political hat and see it for what it is....an agenda, hidden as "fair unbiased news story informants".....

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/7/2008 07:38 AM

I may have a politcal hat on but its better than your political blind fold.

barry2
barry2
10/7/2008 08:51 AM

that comment proves nothing but you still are wearing your hat.....and that i recognize the bias coming from both media outlets' sides and you refuse to see it on but one side makes it much more clear exactly who wears the blindfold...

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/7/2008 09:44 AM

i'm not saying there is no liberal bias, I'm just saying its exagerated by the right wing to make sure their flock doesnt believe all the horrible things that come out about them. Its not like the media doesnt go after dems when one of them is involved in a scandal the only diff is the liberal doesnt deny the scandal and blame the "right wing media" the liberal steps down, explains himself, or apologizes and the story passes. recent examples spitzer's affair with the prostitute and obamas pastor. Repubs on the other hand, deny claims, blame media and then subvert any attempt at finding the truth.

Lightenupyourload
Lightenupyourload
10/7/2008 11:45 AM

Lakai has it right here...the Repubs use the "liberal bias" excuse so anything discussed by mainstream media besides FOX is disregarded as slanted, when in reality FOX is the most biased mainstream news organization. The Repubs use that "liberal bias" claim to rally their base and make themselves look like martyrs. Just look at Palin's recent interviews w/ Katie Couric. She came off sounding like an imbecile but is now saying that katie couric "annoyed" her. Yeah, I can see how someone asking you what papers you read is annoying, or asking you to name a supreme court case besides roe v. wade. Everyone should take things said by any media with a grain of salt and do their own research instead. The internet makes us all journalists. I am currently enjoying reading about McCain's association w/ Keating and the U.S. Council for World Freedom.

barry2
barry2
10/7/2008 03:35 PM

you guys live in your own world , or me mine.....whatever...but answer me this...if liberals don't deny it and don't blame right wing media and gently step aside (as you generalized that all libs do), tell me why barney frank is still in office?...why is william jefferson still in office?.....why are most all of the dems that have survived MAJOR scandals still in office?...answer: THEY are the ones protected by the media and THEY are the ones who aren't respectful enough to give up their power once a breach of trust has been made

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use