Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

48 Total Messages • Page 2 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Palin wouldn't make it onto my local shool board
barry2
barry2
10/3/2008 04:39 PM

the only reason you don't see the bias in the other channels is due to your political views.......and bill clinton was coached JUST LIKE palin before every debate and campaign appearence in the 92 election, the person in charge of his political circle at the time said those exact sentiments, dick morris.....clinton didn't know diddly crap about foreign policy....recalll his "use of the national gaurd as govenor of arkansas" was used as proof of his experience for foreign policy....just like palin, as a govenor, clinton was bright and personable, connected with his audience, knew about budgets, state economic issues, but didn't have any type of foreign policy experience or knowledge....so they had to be coached (ie study their ass off) to catch up on all the different foreign policy issues that have ever occurred in at least the past 30 years.....i don't recall clinton being critized on every channel for that like palin has been portraid....

the fact that you don't see the bias coverage in cnn, nbc, msnbc, cbs is just proof of your political leanings....but from a more libertarian or conservative viewpoint the bias stands out without a shadow of a doubt

1radioheader
1radioheader
10/3/2008 04:54 PM

Um. . . . . I AM a libertarian. . .. . . .

and look up roger ailes and his quote on where fair and balanced came from (hint. it was designed to piss off the other media players)

also ailes was reagan's campaign co-ordinator in 80., and if YOU don't see the bias in fox then. . .. . well. . . . . huh, im at a loss for words . . . . .

barry2
barry2
10/3/2008 05:45 PM

hey man.read the first 3 words of my post about 2:06 pm today on this thread........i'm not defending fox as unbiased..so chill

barry2
barry2
10/3/2008 05:47 PM

the post was a response to someone saying that "yeah ,they agreed with me that fox is biased right wing, but the others weren't biased left wing"...that's why my response only mentioned the left wing channels.....

1radioheader
1radioheader
10/4/2008 07:54 AM

. .. . . .. .fair enough. . . . .

Azwethinkweiz6
Azwethinkweiz6
10/4/2008 08:17 AM

First of all, Biden said he has always supported clean coal energy, which is a branch of coal energy which utilizes new tools to ensure less pollutants or harmful emmissions, and Biden has always supported the clean coal energy.

Secondly, I only noticed a small part of him "flaunting" his violence against women act. He didn't champion it like you'd like to say. This is an unfair and biased view when you consider many of the flubs made by Palin

Lastly, You can hardly attack Biden's comment about being more active in the legislation as "unconstitutional." Especially when you take into consideration Palin's words about how'd she "excersize her power in the senate more" when the only power the VP should have over the senate is a vote. In fact, her view of the vice president's job demands way more power than Bidens ever did. This is quite frightening when a person with less than a few years governing one of the least populated states in the United States asks for more power. In fact, you might call her comments "unconstitutional."

In whole, it was clear that Palin spoke better than expected, but so did the class stoner when he got a c+ on a chemistry test. My point, our expectations were low, and we can't give her this much credit for exceeding them. Her speeches were clearly rehearsed, and it is easy to assume someone that is more fluent and informed on the key and heated issues of our country would be more suited for that job. The obvious winner of thursday's debate? Joe Biden

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/4/2008 02:16 PM

CNN is pretty moderate....I watch them regularly, and don't really see any bias in either direction...They just report things as most Americans see them...MSNBC is a little to the left, especially Olbermann, although he really tells it like it is, and is devoted to holding liars and crooks accountable for what they say and do. MSNBC does have conservatives like Tucker Carlson, Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchanan, to balance him out....CBS, NBC, ABC are pretty moderate, although they may lean just slightly to the left.....Fox News is just ridiculous. They are so biased to the right that you really cannot take anything they say seriously. They are more biased by themselves than all the other networks combined. Their hosts (mostly O'Reilly and Hannity) get caught lying on a nightly basis, and are not even remotely in touch with reality...I know that Fox has decent ratings, but that is just because they entertain their viewers with Pro Wrestling-type of fighting, smear campaigns, personal attacks, and scare tactics.....Remember, The National Enquirer sells millions of copies too, but not because people take it seriously or believe what they read.

barry2
barry2
10/4/2008 05:37 PM

i suggest that all this shows is you lean left in your political views....i'm serious, if you are not somewhat leftist it is as obvious as the nose on your face just how biased those channels are....JUST as much as fox

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/4/2008 05:43 PM

mica----Seriously, I think you're delusional...You are blinded by your ideology and are not beig intellectually honest. Fox is not even real news...Hannity and O'Reilly are caught in lies every single night...It's just a bunch of yellow journalism and sensationalism...Mostly personal attacks, trashing of the other networks, and straight up propaganda/lies....It is fascism in it's purest form. It has even been discovered that Fox gets many of it's talking points and agendas directly from the White House. Joe Goebbels would be proud.....as for Palin, she is about as dumb as a doorknob, did not answer a single question the other night, made up bullshit as she went, and tried to change the subject at all times....She has set women back 30 years.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/4/2008 08:06 PM

Oh, and the main difference between Palin and Clinton is that Clinton's IQ is about 75 ppoints higher.

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/4/2008 11:24 PM

Hannity seriously performed fallatio on Dick Morris during their post debate rhetoric on Thursday night.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/4/2008 11:40 PM

Funny.....I have actually seen Hannity and Dick Morris salivate over Bill Clinton like 2 12 year old schoolgirls....There is definitely something homo-erotic about Hannity's man-crush on Bill Clinton.

mmmFriedFrogLegs
mmmFriedFrogLegs
10/5/2008 01:30 AM

Palin spoke terribly the other night, and was barely relevant

It was fuggin awesome with Biden Referred to McCain's Health Care Plan as the "Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere"... haha

barry2
barry2
10/6/2008 09:11 AM

marcsmall1.....you are responding to something i didn't say and making it appear i'm defending fox news...i haven't said or done any of that..........what i did say was that cnn, msnb, cbs, abc, nbc are JUST AS BIASED as fox.....and they are; sorry you can't see that, but since YOU are the one not admitting it then i believe it is YOU that are blinded by your ideology.......fox is biased right wing...i said it early on in this discussion and just wanted to reitterate that i can see the bias of all of those channels.....can you do the same?.....it appears not, that you say CNN as pretty moderate says it all for anyone reading these posts

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/6/2008 09:36 AM

its not CNN, MSNBC,ABC, or PBS's fualts that the repubs are constantlty involved in scandals and are terrible liers and can't cover their asses.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use