discuss:

howod
howod
10/2/2008 07:20 PM

school even

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/2/2008 07:45 PM

I dont even know what this lady was just talking about she didnt talk about anything meaningful at all. At least Joe Biden got to speak his piece. if anybody actually thinks palin did well in this debate you are retarded, no bones about it anymore after that display

21mmer
21mmer
10/2/2008 08:00 PM

palin's participation in this debate was absolutely laughable. she couldn't directly answer a single question, had no substantial rebuttals, and completely deflected anything she wasn't comfortable answering. this woman is a liability. if the american people don't see this........shit, i don't know what to say.

Ierner
Ierner
10/2/2008 08:44 PM

Don't cha know... Annoying & if this decides the election I'm officially making a plan to get the fuck out of the country.

Done

kirkbrew
kirkbrew
10/3/2008 07:32 AM

I thought that she sucked last night. She never answered questions, told stupid stories and got visibily miffed and ufstrated a few times.

And the press is treating her with kid gloves. "She did good - not as bad as expected - and not as bad as the Couric interview.".

By those low standards, she would have had to piss herself to "loose the debate".

Biden did fucking fantastic. On message, facts, answered directly (for a Senator - I'd like someone to answer the "what will you cut" question - which he sorta' did about Iraq.)

kirkbrew
kirkbrew
10/3/2008 07:37 AM

Oh - What ab out her comment about the VP being in both Exeuctive and Legislative??? WTF? Where does this chick get off perverting the Constuition like that? I thought Biden was going to bite her head off. I loved "Dick Cheney is the most dangerous VP in the history of this country."

She really thinks that she knows what she is talking about and she thinks that she will have a roll to play in the adminstration. That is the part that scares me.

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/3/2008 10:45 AM

I was channel surfing to take some post debate spin and was floored by the bias nature of Fox news viewers. Their viewers (via text poll) scored Palin over Biden 88% to 12% with zero undecided. After watching Palin masterfully dodge questions and moderate her own debate I am convinced that the Republicans could have placed Ms. Teen South Carolina on that stage and still convinced their constituents (at least the Fox viewers) of their party's credibility.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww )

barry2
barry2
10/3/2008 01:24 PM

hold it.....the fox poll was of fox viewers and that was the result.......it is what it is...a cbs poll at the exact same time was showing just the opposite......so who is to say one is biased (fox as you accused) but cbs is not......

what IS biased is that the press then go with the poll that shows the results they want (cbs poll) and don't mention the other.......

you guys are too biased against palin, i think she did fine and am most definitely not retarded......

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/3/2008 01:38 PM

micapaw - All networks tend to show biases. Fox is an example of extreme right wing reporting with no objectivity what so ever. (Whipping post Colmes aside) Sarah Palin did do a fine job last night. The moderator and Joe Biden should have forced her to answer questions instead skirting around and changing the topic to things that she finds familiar. I'll even go so far as to applaud the charade that she pulled off in front of 51 million people last night. There is no doubt that dissonance reduction is reigning king in Republican's heads these days. They are fully aware that Sarah Palin is not qualified for the job of VP and damn sure would not be a good President. This race would be another story if Romney's name were appearing on the ticket. John McCain F'd himself on this one. The Independents aren't buying the hockey mom.

barry2
barry2
10/3/2008 02:06 PM

i agree fox biased right wing....and cbs,nbc,cnn,msnbc, and most of the rest are biased left wing......don't know that she couldn't handle v.p. as she has been elected as a govenor and that entails some qualifications....she has about as much experience as bill clinton in 1992 and i don't recall the media going hog wild about his lack of foreign policy experience.if you include her obvious energy knowledge and experience one could argue that she is as qualified (or more) than clinton in 92...just a thought

21mmer
21mmer
10/3/2008 03:40 PM

^^except for the fact that palin wouldn't know the difference between her ass and a hole in the ground if she wasn't coached-up on it. bill clinton is a really bright guy, regardless of what you think of his politics. palin, on the other hand.......come on, this woman is an embarrassment.

and the folksy, homespun bullshit has to go.

1radioheader
1radioheader
10/3/2008 04:16 PM

phalluscooper. . . . are you just now catching onto the fox bias?????

and honestly I wouldn't say that cnn, cbs, nbc, msnbc has a 'LIBERAL' bias (except for Olberman) I think that fox and the neocon movement have simply bashed the "fair and balanced" bullshit into the ground so far that now straight reporting looks "liberal". . .. . .

rockitmarty
rockitmarty
10/3/2008 04:26 PM

biden was amazing in the debate last night... she couldnt even compare, everything is abstract with her, nothing concrete

1radioheader
1radioheader
10/3/2008 04:34 PM

sigh. . . i thought palin did better than biden, while neither answered any of the tough or stupid questions Biden made 3 gaffes that really got under my skin

1. Said that he has always supported coal energy (look it up, seriously he doesn't know there is video of him bashing coal - and I'm not a big fan of coal, its the deception that got me)

2. He continually championed his bill "the violence against women act" .. .. .sounds good, passed. . . . .but was struck down by the supreme court as unconstitutional under the 14th amendment and could have opened the door to some rather silly legislation down the road. . . .

3. and this REALLY pissed me off.. . . . asked what he his role would be as VP he said that he would be more active in legislation. . . . . ok, not really the VP's job constitutionally but thats ok. . . .. UNDER a minute later he went off about how Cheney was abusing the office of VP and stretching the constitutional limits (note: I despise Cheney) SERIOUSLY, DID YOU LISTEN TO WHAT YOU SAID 45 SECONDS EARLIER?!?!?!?!

Palin came off as too folksy, and dodged a lot, but she didn't make me want to throw shit at the TV the way Biden did.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use