Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Calling all Jews: The Great Schlep! (Influence Florida)
phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/2/2008 08:58 AM

Sarah Silverman has made a hilarious video that calls on young Jewish people with grandparents living in Florida to reach out and influence their vote toward Obama. (Racy and funny!)

http://www.thegreatschlep.com

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/2/2008 10:31 AM

I don't think it's needed considering that 87% of all Jewish Voters in this country vote Democrat.

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/2/2008 11:01 AM

It was needed in 2004!

O1Roggae
O1Roggae
10/6/2008 09:08 AM

It seems the older jews in florida, namely south florida like Miami, Boca, lauderdale, and Naples vote republican, because they don't want their taxes going up. But, most of the younger jewish crowd seems to vote liberal, and if your a jew from NY your almost guranteeed to vote for a dem not a rep. That might sound like a bunch of malarki but that seems to be the case with the jewish voters.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/6/2008 10:23 AM

Actually, its the older Jews who vote Democrat....I lived in Miami, and then Boca Raton for a total of 25 years, and you would be hard pressed to find one of those old folks who vote GOP....It is the younger(under 60)wealthier neo-conservative types who have flocked to the GOP because of their low taxes and "support" of Israel....Plus, elderly people in general tend to vote Democrat because they are on fixed incomes, need health care, and rely on programs like medicare, medicaid, and social security.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/6/2008 10:24 AM

Either way, it's a small amount, because as I said earlier, 87% of voting jewish people vote Dem.

DaMule
DaMule
10/13/2008 06:53 AM

sarah silverman must be a complete moron to think that just because people are old they are unable to change their views.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use