Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

30 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Who stands to benefit more?
ISEEDEADPEOPLEDA…
ISEEDEADPEOPLEDA…
10/1/2008 12:07 PM

So who stands to benefit more from the upcoming VP debate? I feel like Palin can only boost her approval. I would imagine that most people (admit it or not) see that she is totally incapable of naming Supreme Court cases or magazines she reads much less riding shotgun in the executive branch. Biden will most likely slaughter her, but my fear is that he may not be able to keep his attitude in check when she inevitably starts bumbling through stupid answers. If he starts rolling his eyes, laughing at her, or mocking her in any way, I feel like he might be seen as "mean old Joe Biden that looked down on this poor lady." I bet we see alot of split screens for that very reason. I don't think she can do much worse than her recent TV interviews have shown us. Biden will clearly win on substance but could he "LOSE" the debate? What do you guys think?

barry2
barry2
10/1/2008 02:49 PM

i think it's rigged from the get-go.......the moderator of this debate has authored a pro obama book that is set for release on inagruation day......gwen (the moderator) is a fair person, but i'll be interested in seeing if her prejudices come out blatently or if she can present a fair questioning of the 2

snailman
snailman
10/1/2008 02:57 PM

The American people certainly don't stand to benifit from this election no matter who is chosen.

but2fly
but2fly
10/1/2008 04:28 PM

wow snailman. are you paying attention to the campaigns at all? where is this coming from?

as far as the upcoming vice-presidential debates, i have to say (after seeing her in interviews...) i'm really excited to be entertained by Palin's attempt at a debate. it is a fear in a lot of people that Biden will tear her apart, but i'm sure Biden will keep himself under control.

just to give you all a laugh.... someone in my class (yes i'm on jambase in class, what else would get me through it...) just asked- "is Palin is an eskimo? she's from alaska isn't that what you call them? its like her race." WOW. good thing shes wearing an Obama pin. at least we know she's smart enough to vote.

phalluscooper
phalluscooper
10/1/2008 05:15 PM

snailman has every right to be a skeptic. The economy sucks and as I type here both McCain and Obama are in Washington readying to vote on the Wall Street Bail Out plan. By the way an additional 150B has been added to the plan to try and win the votes of the Senators that votes no the first time. Our system is broke and in dyer need of fixing.

xlenoxx
xlenoxx
10/2/2008 06:06 AM

mccain will be the real winner or loser from this debate. people have made their minds up on how they feel about obama and biden. palin on the other hand has come off like a moron thus far and i think that this debate will be her chance to either redeem herself or come off like a jackass who isnt fit to run this country, let alone alaska.

wagsincarolina
wagsincarolina
10/2/2008 06:23 AM

Biden needs to stay calm and focused and attack McCain. Palin will go after Obama and try to get Biden to go after her. Biden needs to stay clam, Palin stands the most to loose and gain. If she comes off as knowing issues and together then she has done a great job. The bar has been set so low for her, that she could do just OK and come off well. People expect her to get blown out, if she holds her own she has won already.

Lakai2788
Lakai2788
10/2/2008 07:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the moderators book is more just about race and uses obama as a main example than it is "pro" obama.

my biggest fear is that Palin is gonna make a complete ass out of herself but her poll numbers will still go up. (fyi I have absolutely 0 faith in the intelligence of american voters)

kubulijohn
kubulijohn
10/2/2008 09:10 AM

phallus - don't you love it? one set of our elected representatives is trying to bribe another set of our elected representatives using our tax money...

kirkbrew
kirkbrew
10/2/2008 09:16 AM

THe more I see of Palin, the more I think she is playing possum. I really can not believe anyone can be that dumb.

Ierner
Ierner
10/2/2008 09:18 AM

The more I see her the less attractive she becomes.

ISEEDEADPEOPLEDA…
ISEEDEADPEOPLEDA…
10/2/2008 09:59 AM

i don't know, Kirk. her body language along with her forehead have "dumbass" written all over them.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/2/2008 10:34 AM

Palin's IQ has to be somewhere around 85-90....She is as dumb as you can possibly be and yet still have the position she holds....I would guess Bush's IQ is right around 110 or so....Bill Clinton probably around 160-170.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
10/2/2008 10:38 AM

So, basically, the Republicans are already claiming that the debate was rigged, even before Palin makes a complete fool of herself tonight, as she has been doing for the past couple of weeks. Pretty weak to practically admit defeat even before the contest begins.

But I guess with Obama now leading by 8-10 points nationally, and in Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and New Mexico, the GOP is starting to realize that McCain's chances are pretty much shot.

brklynns
brklynns
10/2/2008 12:36 PM

Wags, i think you hit the nail on the head. i have a feeling she will look robotic, you know, since she's been at debate "camp" all week, they have probably programmed what to say in her head, she'll have no real thought process of her own going on.

does anyone else think it looks like mccain has a mask on? i feel like you can see through the eyeholes, like pizza the hut in spaceballs.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use