american slain by Israelis
PooDolla
PooDolla
9/28/2010 11:09 AM

don't get me started about Jews.....

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/28/2010 11:50 AM

LordK, do you think there should be no blockade at all?

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/28/2010 12:31 PM

Believe what you want...but I think the footage I've seen shows pretty clearly that the IDF soldiers were attacked first.

He was dual citizen btw -- Turkish and American (not that it really matters)

There was a flotilla today with pro-palestinian Jews that was peacefully intercepted by the IDF btw. No violence.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/28/2010 12:37 PM

OK...for the sake of argument...let's say it is that simple.

What's your point?

PooDolla
PooDolla
9/28/2010 12:53 PM

In one thread you are talking about letting "Israel wipe them off the face of the Earth" and in another you are saying "i for one dont believe in letting people die."

I think you don't know what you believe in.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 09:28 AM

I agree that a new approach is needed. Soon. These "negotiations" are nothing but lip service.

LordK -- Israel is willing to give them an official state...it just depends on the borders...and Jerusalem is a huge issue that I'm not sure can ever be resolved peacefully. Israel will definitely not relinquish control of Jerusalem, and Palestinians demand Jerusalem as a capital for a future state as well.

The thing is...I think Israel might even be willing to give up some of their land and MAYBE even split control of Jerusalem if they had any trust that it would lead to any peace. I think for a lot of people over there, the thought process is basically "why should we give them more land if they are still going to attack us??"

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 09:59 AM

Not a terrible idea really...

Kind of the old carrot and stick routine?

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 12:43 PM

I'm not sure that its impossible but I do think Smokey raises some very crucial public relations issues.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 12:59 PM

"Israel would only be defending itself from an enemy who is NOT fighting for a homeland but and enemy who is clearly attacking Israel to wipe it off the face of the Earth "

--This has already happened. Jews accepted the UN plan in 1948, Arabs did not. Jews were willing to live side by side with Arabs/Muslims. They were not. Israel declared independence and was attacked by all of their neighboring countries.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 01:01 PM

As I said in the other thread about Israel...They do have a homeland and it's called JORDAN. 75% of what was originally "Palestine" is modern day Jordan.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 01:12 PM

Don't let the past dictate the future??

Should we not learn from history?

I'm sure you have heard the quote about the definition of insanity? "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
9/29/2010 02:01 PM

Yeah...it does seem like it will take something drastic or bold and you are right that variables have changed dramatically.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use