Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

20 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
72 bodies found on Mexican ranch
PooDolla
PooDolla
8/26/2010 04:19 PM

I personally don't think that legalization would do much to change the cartel war situation. I think these orgainzations would find other ways to make up for loss of marijuana profits. And even if they don't profit as much they will still be fighting over the same drug routes, maybe even more so because they are now more desperate for money. I really don't have anything to back up my theory but that's my gut feeling.

PooDolla
PooDolla
8/26/2010 06:14 PM

I agree that marijuana should be legalized, but it should not be because it's current illegality is benefiting the cartels.

PooDolla
PooDolla
8/26/2010 06:16 PM

does that make sense? Basically I'm saying that it should be legalized because it is not harmful, and not because legalizing will hurt the cartels.

PooDolla
PooDolla
8/26/2010 06:18 PM

8/26/2010 04:19 PM

"I personally don't think that legalization would do much to change the cartel war situation. I think these orgainzations would find other ways to make up for loss of marijuana profits. And even if they don't profit as much they will still be fighting over the same drug routes, maybe even more so because they are now more desperate for money. I really don't have anything to back up my theory but that's my gut feeling."

^none the less I still think this is true.

GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
8/26/2010 08:14 PM

I wouldnt say it is an unecessary argument, because the argument does indeed have merit. It is just one of many arguments you could make to legalize cannabis. Cartels would probably beef up their supply of secondary drugs (coke, meth, heroin, etc.) the problem lies in the demand for those products, as weed is vastly more demanded than coke, meth, etc. Not to say coke and the rest are not in decent demand, but much more people smoke than do blow, meth, etc. The supply & demand for cannabis is to high to compensate for.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use