Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

21 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
will it never end
dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
8/20/2010 07:02 AM

wow...it's truly unbelievable the amount of corruption...

These fuckers should have been rotting in jail for years.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
8/20/2010 08:24 AM

It's disturbing on a lot of levels...Just that it happened, but it is just crazy how far up it goes within the church hierarchy...It could very well go all the way to the pope (at least the current one)

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/20/2010 01:15 PM

Smokey you said you would listen to the popes ever word because his word teaches you to think for yourself and find the truth right? Well if you listen to his ever word and follow it, wouldn't you not be thinking for yourself? And when trying to find the truth is their a method you might use (like the scientific method) or is the truth found by blind faith?...just wondering what it was you ment when you commented on the first page.

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/20/2010 01:32 PM

I'm pretty sure most religions tell you what to do, is that not why their is commandments, the bible and what not. Of they wanted you to think for yourself and figure it all out, why would they tell you how to behaive and give you the answers to the afterlife. That would be like if you were assembling somthing and didn't know how to put it together, then I gave you a set of instructions of a step by step process of how to put it together and then said here you go, now think for yourself. Seems alittle confussng to me.

But what about the truth part? How do you figure out the truth smokey?

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
8/20/2010 01:34 PM

lordkundalini 8/20/2010 09:49 AM • [Report Abuse]

you spend alot of time thinking about rape and underage sex,, why is that?

---Dude you did bring it up...this time at least...

I have no problem with Catholicism at all --- in fact, I am half Catholic by blood and the Catholic side of my family is pretty religious - I even have a great Aunt that's a nun and some other relative (second cousin or cousin twice removed -- I can never remember the difference) that is one of the extreme types of Nun's that takes an oath of silence. Anyway...I have no problem with Catholicism, but Smokey you gotta admit there is a double standard with the INSTITUTION. They have gotten free reign when ANY other organization that had committed the types of crimes and cover-ups that the church has would be completely shut down and investigated like crazy.

I doubt you will have any reasonable response to this though...I remember that you have trouble discerning between the actions of individuals and the actions of an institution.

dcdeadhead
dcdeadhead
8/20/2010 01:36 PM

I haven't seen anything that LordK has said to imply he has a problem with the religion itself, but merely with the institutionalized actions of the church and their leaders.

SOMEBODY needs to be held accountable!

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/20/2010 01:48 PM

I know plenty about religion. If they didn't tell you how you should live their life then why did they make up a palce in the after life for people who didn't follow their word...like hell. How about when the church forced the africans to convert or die,or the spainish inqusition. I'm sorry but religion dose tell you in many ways how to live and think.

And yopu still never addressed how you find the truth.

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/20/2010 01:55 PM

Oh yeah and they are called the commandments because you are being comanded to follow these rules. They are not called the giudelines for a reason

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/20/2010 02:21 PM

Then I guess it was just a poor choice of words to use then right? Or maybe it was like the telephone game and mosses changed the words on accident?.....true though smokey that religion has been tammed down. I was just reliving the past when it was quite forced upone. We have gotten aways from that in a sense but that's only because people got feed up with being forced into somthing they didn't believe. Now people pick and choose what it is that is relievent for them to follow. But you cannot say that their are no rules to religion they force onto you to be considered part of that religion. Their are requirments you must meet in order to be a christion catholic muslim, or whatever.

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/20/2010 08:27 PM

Ok smokey i can dig some of what you are saying. But with the baseball analogy, sure you may have chose to play baseball for a living, but you have to go to batting practice to continue to play for that team, if not then you get penalized or thrown off the team. Sure you can choose to not go to batting practice, because no one can ever make you do anything, but you wont be playing for them for long. And even if you still put on your jersey and stand in a field, that does not mean you are a baseball player. You have to follow their rules to be on the team and play baseball. So yes it was your choice to choose to play baseball, but that choice lead you into a rule book that you needed to follow in order to play the game.

Very true people have way more options then they did in the past, and yes people ran to religion to for shelter from tyrannical leaders.... but most for the tyrannical leaders they were running away from were mostly likely enforcing a religious rule that was not of their religion.

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/23/2010 11:49 AM

I deffinatly don't think you can lump all catholics as raping murderist. Just like not all muslims are terrorist. Yeah their are those fring or rouge priest I guess you could call them, but not all preist are that bad. I do not follow because I believe what they teach is utter bullshit. But it is quite unfair to lump all catholics together, even though I think the religion is a joke. Whatever though let people believe what they want.

Just a follow up question. Does it actually say somewhere in the bible or other text that says thou shall not sleep with a kid of......(incert age) yrs old? They use to trade their young daughters off to much older men, so maybe to them and their religion its not that bad to sleep with a kid....just a thought

stoops
stoops
8/23/2010 12:10 PM

"the Cathotlic church is a cult of childmolesters "

no oversimplification here... funny how hard stats and facts become irrelovent to lord when he goes on a crusade to demonize what he perceives as undesirable.

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/23/2010 12:12 PM

I figured you wouldn't be that closed minded lord, just trying to say all religions have those bad apples that fucks everything up for everyone els. The power structure is really horribale though

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/23/2010 12:59 PM

Yeah I think the leadership should be re done. Really the thing that gets me with this whole catholic rape stuff is their hypocracy in it. They try to hold themselves to a higher standard and tell people how they should live, then do the exact thing they tech not to do. I think the catholic church could somtimes take a leeon or 2 from the people they preach to.

Permatrip
Permatrip
8/23/2010 01:23 PM

Eh the do as I say not as I do, way that they are coming off just dosent do it for me. If you say don't do somthing then you yourself must hold yourself to that value otherwise the meaning and value of the message gets lost. That's like is jesus was preching about caring for the poor and homeless, then after a speach a poor homeless man asked him for change, and jesus punches him in the face and says get way peasent! It would kinda make you think hmmmm thaat guys kind of an asshole. If you tech it,live it..that's all I'm saying

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use