Politics Forum

Midterms Matter!

20 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
prayer day ruled unconstituional
deadwilco
deadwilco
4/19/2010 09:12 AM

Agree- same with same sex marriage and abortion. Stay out of it. Handle our military, keep taxes low. And that is it

deadwilco
deadwilco
4/19/2010 10:13 AM

smokey- those are my beliefs on those issues. I know you have yours okay? I have tried being civil with you many times and you seem to be okay at some points. But then you go back to being rude. I understand. This is a forum where anyone can say what they want, be as rude as they want, label people. Whatever. Just no reason for it. On one thread you bashed me for appearing to be "living my life through friends" You do not know one thing about my personal life. But smokey, I have great friends, great family, an amazing wife and son, and another on the way. We travel alot. Go to alot of shows, hiking,roadtrips, vacations you name it. Backpacked through 9 countries in Europe. See my point? Don't critisize what you do not know. I really don't care about your personal political beliefs. They are yours. Nor do I care or stereotype your personal life. At least I put it out there, via pictures, facebook whatever. I'm not hiding

deadwilco
deadwilco
4/19/2010 10:17 AM

Republicans are for "smaller govt". But their platform is usually anti-same sex marriage and anti- abortion. That is not small gov't at all. I'm not "pro-abortion". I think there should be other ways to handle this situation first. But I am pro-choice for sure.

A pro-choice, pro-lifer

deadwilco
deadwilco
4/19/2010 10:39 AM

with people like smokey, they do not know how to have a balance. Simple as that. He has his belifes and that is it. Not sense in hearing another's side. Abortion is a good example. He thinks it's murder. Okay. Now I know that I cannot and will not have a heatly debate about it with him. I know where he stands.

As for him trying to label me and everyone else? It is what it is. He's a nameless/faceless guy on the internet.

deadwilco
deadwilco
4/19/2010 10:40 AM

I also noticed how smokey never really respond sback to posts. He avoids the direct question and or issues.

deadwilco
deadwilco
4/19/2010 10:46 AM

Oh I know smashy.I appreciate that. And I know whatever I say will not convince him or change anything. Not my intention. I know his beliefs. May not agree, but to each is own. And I don't lose any sleep over it. I've got a great wife and friends I go home to every night.

I know why he is here.. I have no hate or anger towards the man..

stoops
stoops
4/19/2010 02:03 PM

hey lord, does that "here and now" logic apply to the legality of weed too. funny how when the standard of legality suits your desires, you highlight it but not so much when you're on the side of wanting a law changed.

smash-dw, even if smoke were as radical and closed minded as you seem to think(and i don't tend to agree) he does provide some real diversity of thought here. his opinions don't tend to drastically stray from mine, poo's, or even yours. that said, even if he is a bit to the right of me, he helps to provide the folks i disagree with a truer representation of america's political spectrum before they decide to label my tolerant views as fringe. and smash- the gays/blacks comparison is a false choice. one obviously had no say in the matter. the other-at very least, it's debatable. i personally don't think gays are being denied civil rights anyway. (i know; wrong thread!)

keep it up smash, i don't always agree but you're no where near as fringe as some of these kids try to suggest and i tell you when i think you're too out there.

on this prayer issue: c'mon, the cult of radical anti-christian secularists(yeah you lord) are at it again. i told you guys. i'm not even christian and it's blatantly obvious. this day of prayer was no more established for christians than it was buhdists and noone can prove otherwise. so now any government sponsered attempt to encourage people to reflect and/or be spiritual somehow is an evangelical threat? fuckin ridiculous! next justice bab's crabbs will declare the constitution unconstitutional because "unalienable rights" are "endowed by" our "creator." some religions don't believe in a creator!

PooDolla
PooDolla
4/19/2010 02:07 PM

Abrtion does end a life. Whether you call it murder is up in the air, but a heart beat is stopped.

stoops
stoops
4/19/2010 02:29 PM

poo, there are those that say a life begins at birth. while i tend to agree with you, perhaps a "potential life" is more accurate.

PooDolla
PooDolla
4/19/2010 02:52 PM

There's a heart beat. Technically it is alive.

railroadearth6
railroadearth6
4/19/2010 07:35 PM

PooDolla 4/19/2010 02:07 PM • [Report Abuse]

Abrtion does end a life. Whether you call it murder is up in the air, but a heart beat is stopped.

There is no heart beat until weeks later in the first trimester. Or did you really think that started at conception...?

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
4/20/2010 07:07 AM

^ walking abortion

PooDolla
PooDolla
4/20/2010 12:08 PM

Some murders are for the greater good.

PooDolla
PooDolla
4/20/2010 12:31 PM

Yes he did. Very good Lord. You get one gold star for your knowledge and participation.

PooDolla
PooDolla
4/20/2010 01:05 PM

lol...yeah, whatever Lord. Way to blow things WAY out of proportion.

*gold star taken away for stupid comment.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use