General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

55 Total Messages • Page 1 of 4 • 1 2 3 4 Next » 
BSA is fucked.
GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 06:54 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/ondeadline/2012/10/05/boy-scouts-of-america-eagle-scout-gay/1614769/

-This pisses me off. Especially since my son is just getting into scouting. So many good things come from scouting...It's a shame this negative persists.

Filo
Filo
10/5/2012 07:01 AM

You would think the BSA would be very tolerant of gay scouts, considering alot of the Scout masters are wanting to fuck them. It really makes no sense.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
10/5/2012 07:04 AM

Everyone knows that Jesus founded the Scouts and never would have toleratd gays taking part in these all male camp outs in the woods.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
10/5/2012 07:09 AM

I feel sorry for the kid. It's kind of a big deal to make eagle.. If being a scout is supposed to teach you important life lessons I guess he learned the very most important one of all - no matter how hard you work, and no matter what you do, some other asshole will think they have the right to judge you and will try to fuck you around.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 07:20 AM

It's a HUGE deal. Shit looks great on your resume and if you enlist you automatically start a rank or two higher than you would.

adubvu
adubvu
10/5/2012 07:25 AM

just tell your son that if he wants to make into the exclusive homophobic club to not bang dudes.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 07:27 AM

I'm not concerned about my son. I am concerned about representing a bass ackwards organization that isn't in favor of equal rights.

lovejahlive
lovejahlive
10/5/2012 07:29 AM

^ some lessons ya' gotta' learn the hard way

adubvu
adubvu
10/5/2012 07:29 AM

yeah i suppose.. if your into that whole morality thing.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 07:31 AM

lovejah - I agree. The wife and I discussed scounting before we signed him up. We decided that at 7, he isn't old enough to understand what BSA is doing and the benefits outweigh the risks. When he's old enough to make his own decision, we'll make sure he's informed enough to decide for himself.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 07:39 AM

hahahaha, good one smokey.

Danimal
Danimal
10/5/2012 07:44 AM

Why does the fact that he's seven and doesn't understand what they are doing is wrong even factor in?

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 07:46 AM

What do you mean, dan?

Danimal
Danimal
10/5/2012 07:51 AM

I'm not trying to criticize your parenting I just don't get why you would sign him up to be a member of an organization that you don't agree with simply because he's not old enough to understand why you don't agree with them. Just seems backwards. I just don't see the point.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/5/2012 07:53 AM

Because he was dying to sign up. Scouting does lots of great things for young boys. I was a scout growing up too. I don't want him to miss out on all the great experiences I had because I was a scout.

Not to mention, it's his life, not mine.

I understand where you're coming from, but think about having this conversation:

Boy: Dad, I want to be a cub scout.

Me: No.

Boy: Why?

Me: ??? You'll understand when you're older.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use