10/4/2012 03:50 PM

nothing you've ever heard of.

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
10/4/2012 03:54 PM

Andrew Bird

Dr Dog

Band of Horses

and really any band with guys who claim to be straight dressed like Freddy Mercury

PooDolla
PooDolla
10/4/2012 03:56 PM

I like every band mentioned in this thread.

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
10/4/2012 03:58 PM

If you really want to score with some hipster chicks get yourself acquainted with the Ray LaMontagne

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
10/4/2012 03:58 PM

catalog....haha

Danimal
Danimal
10/4/2012 04:34 PM

Apparently sbtrkt blew up with the holster crowd, which is probably part of the reason I didn't get a ticket to his upcoming dj set. Still upset about that.

freedomfarmer
freedomfarmer
10/4/2012 05:27 PM

Yea I dig most all previously mentioned...

Hipsters I lived with were big fans of Kings of Leon(hate em), Frusciante and The Beatles.... And really, a lotta shit I never heard that wasnt really good...

Wilco, Cat Power, Mike Stern, Animal Collective, Elliot Smith, Death Cab, Fleet Foxes, Beck some more notable hipster bands old roommates liked that I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDbPrOuXq2s

New good one speakin of Cat Power

terrarium_fusila…
terrarium_fusila…
10/4/2012 05:41 PM

The Shins, Modest Mouse, Mumford & Sons, Iron & Wine, Bright Eyes, Sufjan Stevens, etc. All the sorta indie rock about how boring life is lol. I was into it for awhile like 5 years ago, before even knowing wat hipsters were or anything. I saw Cat Power once, she was good. Great voice.

Hipsters are beginning to be into bluegrass now, though, which is a little annoying cuz they don't like it for what it is, they just see it as "ironic" cuz its so "uncool it's cool." My friends went to Fresh Grass Fest in Massachusetts, they said there was a lot of hipsters there. They seem to be more into the bluegrass-rockabilly bands though that are more like gypsy roots music hybrids, like Caravan of Thieves kinda stuff. A friend of mine prefers that, too, so its weird when i talk about David Grisman or Yonder or Leftover Salmon with them.

hoosierhigs
hoosierhigs
10/4/2012 06:00 PM

^ "All the sorta indie rock about how boring life is"

You've got Iron & Wine all wrong. I'm not trying to argue, I just think that doesn't even remotely describe his lyrics.

...but whatever. I don't really care what a "hipster" is or what they listen to. I like a lot of the stuff mentioned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgVOR28iG_o

Danimal
Danimal
10/4/2012 06:03 PM

I think if I was going to have sex with another man, that man would be Sam Beam.

hoosierhigs
hoosierhigs
10/4/2012 06:04 PM

hahaha

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
10/4/2012 06:06 PM

hipsters and blue grass...

There is a bar in my town that started having a free bluegrass night about oh....at least 5 of 6 years ago. PBR was 75 cents. it was awesome. Slowly the place got more popular, beer prices went up crowds grew.

Now the place is packed every Wednesday night, 70 percent hipsters 20 percent wook 10 percent who the fuck are you and why are you here people. PBR is 2 something for a can.

The hipster def like the rock - a billy type thing a lot. There is a band that has blue grass instruments but they play punk music with it. its god awful but its a hit at this place.

freedomfarmer
freedomfarmer
10/4/2012 06:11 PM

That freshgrass lineup was sick. Had to work tho. The punk/bluegrass hybrid is awesome if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G1b4idfvu4&feature=related (broken up, still check em out)

Legendary Shack Shakers are good, idk if they are a hipster band. Psychobilly rules too

Hasil Adkins: The Godfather of Psychobilly!

Rachael Brooke is dope too. She looks hipstery and hawt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFk75C03C24

freedomfarmer
freedomfarmer
10/4/2012 06:12 PM

I heard hipsters dig GG Allin too

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
10/4/2012 06:13 PM

well its better then dub step. but personally i dont like it.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use