General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

215 Total Messages • Page 5 of 15 • « Previous 1 2  ... 4 5 6  ... 14 15 Next » 
Debate Tonight
freedomfarmer
freedomfarmer
10/3/2012 07:55 PM

Win the debate, win the election???? Everyone on cnn just gave it to Romney

freedomfarmer
freedomfarmer
10/3/2012 08:01 PM

^Cool

Danimal
Danimal
10/3/2012 08:03 PM

The winner is pretty arbitrary being that its more of a stump speech contest than an actual debate. That shit drives me nuts. Why even have the thing if they are just going to regurgitate the same generic shit they said at the conventions? People should be outside protesting for campaign/election reform.

freedomfarmer
freedomfarmer
10/3/2012 08:08 PM

Didnt give the election to Romney if you checked my previous posts, just critiqued Obama mainly. Agree Dan, if youve seen an unreasonable man the Nader doc, the police presence when he tries gettin into the debates is unreal... Any kind of reform to the American political system is a pipedream

TravelinLight879
TravelinLight879
10/3/2012 08:14 PM

PRIMUS!!

AncientChad
AncientChad
10/3/2012 09:21 PM

The guy is a slick, tell you want you want to hear salesman.. Has been his whole life

bnaylor
bnaylor
10/3/2012 10:49 PM

i mean seriously who fucking cares? Debates are like the North American Auto Show. All these fucking cool ideas as cars, that never become cars, just ideas. NEAT!!!!

Mitt Romeny should die of AIDS tonight.

TheCosmicBandito
TheCosmicBandito
10/3/2012 11:39 PM

Let me tell you about education...

healthcare!

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/4/2012 04:28 AM

Lower tax rates and close loopholes and exemptions to make it easier for small business to hire employees.

^I buy this. Even though it would likely mean that I get less of a tax break, it does sound better for America as a whole.

Romney sounded defeated Obama last night. Obama looked like a petulant child for much of the debate. Romney was organized and FINALLY told us what some of his plans are. He is much more moderate than the GOP would like, but that helps his cause with me.

I'm as yet undecided, but I'll be honest, I went into the debate expecting/wanting to HATE Romney, but I came out of it with softer feelings.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/4/2012 04:36 AM

One of our more illustrious posters had a great Facebook status last night that I'm going to try and stick to.

I'll paraphrase:

After the debate, watch a tv show or a movie. Don't listen to what the talking heads had to say about the debate. Take some time to form your own opinions.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
10/4/2012 04:51 AM

Stop reading my facebook page.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/4/2012 04:54 AM

lol. not you.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/4/2012 04:58 AM

what's the deal with big bird? I must have missed it, but it's all over my FB newsfeed.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/4/2012 05:00 AM

nm, cuts to PBS. I must have been out of the room for that part.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
10/4/2012 05:01 AM

I think Romney would do a better job working across the aisle with Democrats. I am prob going to repeat this a lot, but he is much more moderate than he appears.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use