General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

1401 Total Messages • Page 4 of 94 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5  ... 93 94 Next » 
NFL 2012-2013 Thread..?
hokiejoe
hokiejoe
6/24/2012 07:06 AM

I'm not a Pats fan at all, but Rodgers is the only guy you can put on par with Brady right now. Manning is unbelievable, but he's pretty old and coming off a major injury that caused him to miss a whole season. Brady has the stats and the rings while playing for a team without a dominating defense or running game.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/24/2012 09:25 AM

Brees means way more to his team than Brady, Brady's team succeeded without him and I couldn't see any of the Drew Brees Saints teams doing nearly as well without him. Rodgers is a much better QB than Brady, he's not a statue like Brady. His defense let him down this season, something Brady has rarely had to deal with. Brady has always played on teams with decent defenses at least.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/24/2012 09:26 AM

Those Patriots defense were really good, I don't know what you're talking about hokie. We'll have to see how Peyton does this season but I'd rather have Peyton, assuming he's healthy. He always played on worse teams than Brady but made it almost as far.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
6/24/2012 09:43 AM

The Pats finished 31st and 25th in total defense the last 2 years. They did have some solid units some years. Peyton's teams always drafted offense to support his strengths. He has had Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Edge or Faulk and a great offensive line most of his career. There are multiple HOF's in that group. I'll take the guy that actually wins, as much as I love Manning.

AncientChad
AncientChad
6/24/2012 10:08 AM

As much as I hate to say it, Brady is Marino with rings. Marino never had ANYBODY yet was still in the mix for about 20 years. And I'm from Buffalo so I hate both of those f'ers.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
6/24/2012 10:16 AM

Chad- I was at that '92 AFC Championship Game in Miami, you bastard!

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
6/24/2012 10:17 AM

....and comparing Rodgers to Brady is like comparing LBJ to Jordan. It's just not time for that discussion yet.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
6/24/2012 11:03 AM

You can't compare their careers yet, but it is absolutely fair to say that Rodgers is as good a player today.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
6/24/2012 11:12 AM

Yeah. Ok.....I didn't realize you were comparing them TODAY. I still think it's pretty close. Brady can make anyone look good. (Except Ochocinco).... His experience is huge. If I had to pick one for one game, I'd take Brady. If I had to pick one for an entire season, I'd take Rodgers.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
6/24/2012 11:12 AM

I'm with you.

marcsmall1
marcsmall1
6/24/2012 11:13 AM

Also....If Brady's receivers don't drop a few perfect passes, he'd have another ring right now.

(and I cannot stand the Pats, I'm "Just Saying")

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/24/2012 01:03 PM

That wasn't a perfect pass man, he was wide open and he basically made the worst throw he could. Brady hasn't won when he defenses have been lesser. I'm talking about the time Brady won, he had a great defense behind him.

Overrated.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/24/2012 03:32 PM

All of those wins have asterisks, sorry you're team cheated dude.

My teams titles are clean.

Explain to me why Brady is so good if Matt Cassell could step on to that team and lead them to the playoffs? I'd love to see how good Brady is on a team without a fantastic O-Line giving him to easily go through all of his options.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
6/24/2012 03:42 PM

You sound kind of ridiculous in this argument Venk.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/24/2012 03:51 PM

Maybe if we are talking just for THIS season but overall, Manning was obviously much more valuable to his team than Tom Brady. Brady played for a coaching genius who made his job easier for him and put a great team around him. Matt Cassell was able to step in and leading the Pats to the playoffs when Brady went down. Do you think some QB could come in and lead the Saints the playoffs? Maybe Green Bay but definitely not NO. I think that's the best way to judge a QB, how well the team plays without him in there.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use