General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

76 Total Messages • Page 5 of 6 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 
Festival Documentary
rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:43 PM

@Familyguy~I have a lovely soul collection going now. I often sit and stare at them while doing the finger pyramid of evil while my laughter echoes off the walls of my lair.

jmangina
jmangina
3/7/2012 12:44 PM

REXLAIR

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:50 PM

Your torches and pitchforks are useless against my creature. You'd be fools to try and storm my castle. FOOLS!

Bussit
Bussit
3/7/2012 12:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPL-rEuc9o

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:56 PM

Yeah yeah...John Cleese is like eight hundred years old now...

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/7/2012 01:39 PM

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/7/2012 01:45 PM

Rex, I have read you're comments, and you really know what you're talking about. As for the others, meh...

TimSundog
TimSundog
3/7/2012 01:48 PM

Rex, I have read you're comments, and you really know what you're talking about. As for the others, meh...

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 02:50 PM

Well...Tim approves of me....so I got that going for me...

opaisy
opaisy
3/7/2012 03:33 PM

if your lucky, he'll put you on the guest list for triple G's. Wouldn't that be a privilege!

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 03:54 PM

Three g's would make a cery interesting episode to be sure...especially all that sexual deviancy stuff...

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 05:52 PM

It's weird to me to hear these reactions...whenever I point a camera at folks at a festival all I see is smiling faces and excited reactions. I guess experience is subjective...

verynice
verynice
3/7/2012 06:20 PM

Get over yourselves...

Cameras are everywhere now days...

It is what it is...

Chicken-Tits
Chicken-Tits
3/7/2012 06:31 PM

In response to the very long official PR statement by the new voice of UpEvents. If someone is ignorant enough and stubborn enough to believe that a festival is a plague or cancer on society, then chances are they are either not going to watch your documentary and if they do will be too dumb or ignorant to get the point. So, what is the real point? You just want to concrete yourself into the festival scene by being the ones who made "the documentary". Besides, There is already a documentary on the Gathering of the Jugaloes. How about you just leave it at that and not be such a kook.

Hel, I dont even like to carry a camera around at a festival. It all kind of just sounds like a desperate atempt at being a part of the festival scene without actually being a musician or an artist. Feeling above the rest of the goers and needing to document the wonder that emerges by gifting and sharing and dancing. No shit dumbasses, thats why we all go and if people dont get that, then that sucks for them. Quit trying to be some hero and savior of the ignorant masses by showing them the heddy world in which so many find refuge. And sorry, but it does sound like a cash grab. Im sure youve thought of that. So dont lie and say you havnt.

GoUnPlanned
GoUnPlanned
3/14/2012 01:03 PM

Greetings Community, UnPlanned Events would like to give a status update on the project. So far we have received about $1,000 for the initial stages of funding. These funds will allow us to invest our time more into exposure of the project and allow us to bring on addition support from web designers and graphic artist. The company itself is moving along nicely and accumulating more fan base everyday. We would like to thank everyone for their support and encourage everyone to keep posting ideas and concerns.

Now as for the comments and concerns made in previous post. First off we understand that people go to festivals to escape the "outside world' however this project is not centered around the attendees at the festivals but more at the people who make them possible. Producers, vendors, artist, and so on. We are interested in the community aspect that these people have given their time to make possible. On that note ANY festival we do attend we will have full cooperation and support from the festivals themselves. We are not out to expose or exploit anyones good time or vacation. We need the community that we are here seeking support from for a reason, we are making the intentions of our documentary known in the community so that people can be as much a part of the project as possible. With that support from the community we in turn hope to give ourselves a good name and solid reputation, we cannot state our intentions publicly than change them at the finish of the project. The festivals will be apart of anything we create and will keep the attendees best interest in mind as well as cooperating with us. This is a key point that UnPlanned Events has strived to attain and make present in all projects we have.

Secondly money is important to us when we are seeking to fund a project and create something tangible. These festivals are not free so the fact about money isn't an issue, if certain people are worried that we are doing this for money or trying to "corrupt" something about the festivals than please explain how you justify paying for these events and not being allowed in for free. We all need to produce something that allows us to gain something else. Trading skills and tools is what UnPlanned Events is about please don't mix money with the fact that we must keep supporting the company with the skills and tools we have to work with. We are filmmakers, producers, artist ourselves and will seek to chase our dreams regardless of a single person that is concerned about if we might offend some people along the way. People are offended it happens, we are not trying to attack or disregard anyones personal views, but simply make our ideas into something we can be proud of.

To the people that who say that this isn't needed or that anyone who doesn't know about festivals now wont ever know or care. We are sorry but that is simply not true. Through experience of the company, many people who are not aware to this world but is introduced to what it offers and would love to come be a part of it. If the festivals we talked to had said "Im sorry we are big enough already, no one else needs to know about us" than we wouldn't be here trying to get this project done. On the other hand the festivals most interested are those who compete with Bonnaroo and other big named festivals. There are many festival communities that are trying to be noticed either locally or nationally. That is what UnPlanned Events seeks to show, these type of events are good for a community big or small and we aim to show others why these festivals can be so positive for others.

UnPlanned Events is here to share, collaborate and create. We appreciate the comments and concerns and hope to hear back from more voices. We are sorry for your concerns however we are working hand in hand with the festivals themselves to avoid any type of issues along those lines.

Please visit us at Facebook.com/GoUnPlanned

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use