General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

73 Total Messages • Page 4 of 5 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 
Festival Documentary
rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 11:51 AM

@Bill~Totally not. Can't even find them on the Facebook address they gave. They have a kickstarter going, and are attempting to raise funds. I have secured funding and am already working on my project.

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
3/7/2012 11:52 AM

The issue isn't about why gets done after....its the cameras themselves. Even if the camera is off...its still going to Fuck with people...its a hinderance to a good time. Thaw people have no idea who you are or what your intentions are....but they know there's a Fucking camera watching them...

To me if you ruin even one set of someone festival...was it worth it? Knowing that you are bringing a negative influence kind of makes it fucked...

To me that negative....ruining someone else.good time....outweighs Almost any positives

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/7/2012 11:53 AM

wookieleaks.org

Bill33
Bill33
3/7/2012 11:53 AM

Rex you did it in some kind of attempt to get word of your "project" out there and not take heat for it. You got caught. Its ok

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 11:54 AM

Found them. They appear to be some folks out of the Full Sail School. Wish them luck.

phishmann
phishmann
3/7/2012 11:55 AM

The birds have cameras in their eyes anyway.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 11:56 AM

@bill~Conspiracy theory aside, we are totally different peeps. As I said, I am aware of two other groups doing this kind of thing this summer, including some folks who have worked with iclips. Gonna be a lot of cameras out there.

Bill33
Bill33
3/7/2012 11:58 AM

Graduates of full sail have been nominated for 100's of grammy awards and other film awards. I would say they are a lot more legit than these other projects

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 11:58 AM

@Stagger~I am sorry you feel this way. I am conscious of interfering with folks with my photography and my filming. I am not responsible for the reactions of others to my actions. Most folks who see a camera not pointed at them do not feel as though their time has been ruined, and for those who do, I don't know what to say other than relax.

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
3/7/2012 12:18 PM

Guess it just depends.

If you think paranoia is what you want to bring to a fest...and the energy you want to be associates with...that's on you.

I'm just asking is this project worth bringing that negativity?

And as it would be serving festival workers at the expense of the people who pay for the festivals....just doesn't seem right.

Do what you want to do....I just wouldn't want to bring that kind of negativity with me to a fest. Its counterproductive to what every festival goer is trying to achieve, as far as Bering free and away from society....nothing like a camera in your face to remind you....you're always being watched.

I just can't fathom why you want to ruin that...and for what? So someone will decide to become a festival worker?

Its just one more thing taking the fun/magic away....

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:36 PM

@Bill~I know lots of Full Sail folks. They do good work.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:42 PM

@Stagger~I think you are leaving out the artists who will be getting their music out, so they can continue to do what they love, such as play at festivals. And seriously, I won't be shoving a camera in your or anyone else's face. t, one thing we all have to remember is that practically everyone one you know has a camera on them 24/7 inside their phone. The world has changed dramatically in that regard. I however, use photography in a very limited fashion, and have years of examples of me not sharing photos of anyone doing anything most harmful than dancing. I'd be WAY more worried about the people next to you with their iphones than our are of me getting in your face. hey flood the internet and Facebook with everything they take, including compromising stuff as soon as they can. I take the time to make sure no one is doing anything wrong in my shots, always have, always will.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:43 PM

@Familyguy~I have a lovely soul collection going now. I often sit and stare at them while doing the finger pyramid of evil while my laughter echoes off the walls of my lair.

jmangina
jmangina
3/7/2012 12:44 PM

REXLAIR

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 12:50 PM

Your torches and pitchforks are useless against my creature. You'd be fools to try and storm my castle. FOOLS!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use