Festival Documentary
hokiejoe
hokiejoe
3/7/2012 09:16 AM

UpEvents just got Toycotted.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 09:17 AM

@Hokie~I can't speak for the others, but I do in fact know what I am doing. Releases and paperwork are a time consuming but totally necessary part of my daily life now.

ashellen
ashellen
3/7/2012 09:18 AM

So UpEvents, your first post ever here asks for money and your second post ever threatens people with a 20lb camera. not sure that is the best way to raise funds.

"Your obviously not understanding how to change people perspective of what goes on in a festival"

^Also not sure why we would need to change peoples perspective of what goes on. I think people tend to go to be around others with similar interests, have a good time and relax. If someone has a negative view on these festivals, I dont think your (or any) documentary will change that.

I also think people tend to do things at festivals (legal and illeagal) that they wouldnt want thier boss, neighbors, parents at their kids schools, people at church, etc. seeing. Your creation of a documentary puts this at risk.

good luck in the fund raising and creation of your film.

rexster
rexster

@Up~You do seem to be quick to go hostile. I was just stressing the main concern of every festival promoter I have spoken with over the last few years when conceiving and planning this project.

toys
toys

ooh I like that! "toycotted"!

White leather belts, indoor scarves, and UpEvents - toycotted!

phishmann
phishmann

I think he should see what PT thinks about this.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
3/7/2012 09:20 AM

Rex: that wasn't aimed at you, I just pulled a sentence out of one of his posts. I should have used quotation marks. We know you know what you're doing. Please don't J-man me.

TheJuice
TheJuice
3/7/2012 09:32 AM

i wish those dildos in masontown liked our money

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 09:33 AM

@Hokie~No worries, just wanting to make sure I am not getting misinterpreted is all. And speaking of being misunderstood, please don't think I am going to start threads like that on a regular basis, or even ever again. That was a special case, and it had festered too long.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/7/2012 09:39 AM

you shouldnt film this because it can't get out that drug-addled wooks like smokey are actually models for classical republicanism

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/7/2012 09:45 AM

"you shouldnt be worried if you dont have anything to hide"

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/7/2012 09:52 AM

yep, filming at festivals is one step away from the next holocaust. those arent porto-potties.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 10:04 AM

Well, good luck to you. There are three projects like this already far underway this year, and it's going to be interesting to see the different perspectives play out.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 10:05 AM

And smokey, are you counting me as a third party goon? Just wondering.

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
3/7/2012 10:06 AM

the ticket allows the festival rights to film, and document. The point at which it becomes a 3rd party for profit film, the legalities change.

I don't care if I end up on youtube, or in some DVD that the event itself has put together...I don't like the idea of the exploitation.

And it's not necessarily always about winning a lawsuit, so much as tying it's release up in court for as long as you can, making it financially unrealistic for the producer to pursue it. That wouldn't even take an attorney....

the point isn't even about the chance of being on camera embarrassing myself, or doing something others might not approve of. It's the fact that someone is taking away the sanctity of the festival experience. It's a lot easier for people to have a good time, knowing that it "stays there"

I just think it crosses a line...that I would prefer not be crossed. I just don't want my(or anyone else) experience to be ruined because some asshat thinks he needs to "show the world" what fests are all about.

I could think of many accidents that could happen to some expensive equipment.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use