General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

73 Total Messages • Page 1 of 5 • 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 
Festival Documentary
staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
3/7/2012 08:07 AM

great a whole crew of people filming everyone's activities while they're trying to get away from shit like that

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 08:14 AM

There are several projects like this working already. The trick is to cause no harm to the scene you're trying to show. My main worry is that some of the things you may be documenting are not things the general public is aware of, or would be receptive to learning. I'm involved in a project similar to this, and great pains are being taken to not cast the festi scene in a bad light. I hope you intend to do the same.

freetime3
freetime3
3/7/2012 08:15 AM

Anyone remember JamCam Cronicles?

staggerlee1980
staggerlee1980
3/7/2012 08:20 AM

If I see myself in anyone's documentary(for profit), where I was not informed ahead of time that a 3rd party company not associated with the festival is filming. I would certainly sue.

I go to fests to escape...not to have my vacation filmed by someone else...

not gonna lie, I could see something bad happening to a camera crew that rolled through the privacy of my campsite

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 08:33 AM

@Staggerlee~Tat's exactly what the folks I am working with, and myself are working to avoid. Your festival ticket contains a disclaimer that you could be videotaped anywhere on festival grounds and that you waive your rights thereof. Those rights can be licensed out to filmmakers. Often, festivals will want to retain right of approval for the footage that is to be used, so as to protect their brand and property.

I carry releases with me to all shows I am filming, and if anyone speaks on camera they sign one...period. Great pains are taken to not bother or harass any concert or festival goer, and I stop filming near instantly if anyone asks.

toys
toys
3/7/2012 08:44 AM

At SuperBall some guy with media credentials took my pic, so I went to take his pic in return, and when he saw me doing so he lowered his head to hide his face.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
3/7/2012 08:55 AM

Bunch of gangsta's up in here.

stumper302
stumper302
3/7/2012 09:02 AM

Up next a Festival reality tv show. Watch the ups and downs of a group of Festie kids traveling across the country hitting the summers best festivals.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 09:04 AM

@Toys~I woulda smiled! hat person sounds like either a jerk or not ver comfortable with their looks. If it's not a part of a crowd shot or such, I usually ask if folks mind. It's just polite.

lurker101
lurker101
3/7/2012 09:05 AM

There were a bunch of hidden camera exposé stories that drew a lot of negative attention towards the rave scene in the 90s ..the same ones that had everyone thinking ecstacy puts holes in your brain. Glad but somewhat surprised this hasn't occured more in the jam world.

hokiejoe
hokiejoe
3/7/2012 09:11 AM

Since none of you seem to really know how to go about doing this legally how about you not give comments on that.

This is how I know you are new here.

rexster
rexster
3/7/2012 09:12 AM

@Puffinsmokey~No offense dude, but I call BS on your ability to take and break anythoing of mine. And the cases where we have a crew with me we will also have someone who job it is to look out for folks who wish to harm the production. Besides...has anyone ever actually even seen you?

toys
toys
3/7/2012 09:14 AM

Yeah Rex I figure I'm fair game in a crowd, but if you're going to take a pic specifically of me and only me, ask me first. I said to the guy "If you don't like your pic taken then don't take mine" and he just looked at me like I was making a ridiculous request and walked off.

UpEvents I don't care for your attitude in your second post and will not support you or your efforts because of it.

phishmann
phishmann
3/7/2012 09:15 AM

You cant leave out the fucked up part, dont dwell on it, but dont leave it out.

TheJuice
TheJuice
3/7/2012 09:16 AM

smokey gots a CREWWWWWw!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use