General Discussion Forum

Got Something to Say?

8867 Total Messages • Page 543 of 592 • « Previous 1 2  ... 542 543 544  ... 591 592 Next » 
What Are You Listening To Right Now?
CountessofFunk
CountessofFunk
6/6/2013 03:48 PM

JJ Fad- Supersonic

Al_Rokers_Undies
Al_Rokers_Undies
6/6/2013 03:50 PM

miles davis live in stockholm 1960

Al_Rokers_Undies
Al_Rokers_Undies
6/6/2013 04:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVnm66joQk

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/6/2013 04:57 PM

My God Is The Sun - QOTSA

Kickass.

gimmesomedead
gimmesomedead
6/8/2013 02:47 PM

Brock Butler ~ Lately Here Though (2009)

Filo
Filo
6/8/2013 02:48 PM

I saw he is playing the Handlebar, Gimmee. Like a free show in the bar or something.

Filo
Filo
6/8/2013 02:49 PM

Vince Dunne presents: BROCK BUTLER (of Perpetual Groove) .. An epic addition to The Handle-Bar Series ...

Thursday, June 20, 2013, 9:00 pm

Vince Dunne presents: BROCK BUTLER (of Perpetual Groove)

PGroove's ex-frontman jams intimate bar show

There are bar shows and there are shows that raise the bar – and this one raises the bar. Brock Butler, the former frontman of the late, great Perpetual Groove, jams into our intimate bar space for an intimate solo show that showcases his “fleet fingers and arsenal of trippy electronic effects,” as Savannah Connect puts it. The man behind one of the South’s most enduring and popular jam bands, Butler was behind PGroove’s indefinite hiatus so that he could take some time off from 10 years on the road. That’s a zillion rock-years, and now Butler’s striking out on his own, dazzling fans with the nimble energy that, again as Savannah Connect says, “kept the groove in the proverbial pocket” of the Athens-based jam-juggernaut. This bar-raising bar show’s presented by a huge fan, Vince Dunne, so come out and support a fan who’s supporting great music from a great talent whose return to The Handlebar helps heat up our summer.

Links: Brock Butler on Facebook, Brock Butler on YouTube, More Brock YouTube, Even more Brock video

$8 in the bar - Age Policy

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/8/2013 03:03 PM

Strange Overtones

gimmesomedead
gimmesomedead
6/8/2013 06:00 PM

Filo, I will definitely be at the Handlebar. Heard about it a few weeks ago. $8 is a fine price to see him play for a few hours. Come on out if you find yourself with some free time on your hands.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/8/2013 06:01 PM

Vampire Weekend, been listening to them all day. They are fun and their new album is the superb.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/8/2013 06:02 PM

Vampire Weekend, been listening to them all day. They are fun and their new album is the superb.

gimmesomedead
gimmesomedead
6/8/2013 06:02 PM

Listening to/watching...

Mad Season ~ Live at The Moore

Seattle, WA

4-29-95

Their last live performance. These guys were badass.

gimmesomedead
gimmesomedead
6/8/2013 06:05 PM

Drpetervenkman

6/8/2013 06:02 PM • [Report Abuse]

^ Really??? I really enjoy the first two albums, but I actually bought the new one and listened to it once and thought it was awful. I need to listen again, but it was so slow and boring compared to the first two on a first listen.

Drpetervenkman
Drpetervenkman
6/8/2013 06:11 PM

I love it. I think it has a Simon & Garfunkal vibe to it. I really like Step and Hannah Hunt. Obvious Bicycle is cool to.

Diane Young is also catchy as a motherfucker. I'd give it another chance Gimme, smoke a bowl or drink a few before listening. It's very mellow, but I like that about it.

gimmesomedead
gimmesomedead
6/9/2013 11:08 AM

^ I'll give it another shot, Dr Pete. I had high hopes and was expecting more of the punkish poppy type sound from the first two albums, so maybe I need to listen again to get a better persepctive. Or maybe it's just awful, we'll see!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use