The Bullbuckers rock the party - and the backyard! Blending early Ska, Reggae, Rock, Soul and Funk with a dash of hip hop and a healthy dose of classic NOLA horn arrangements, this award-winning 7-piece ensemble never fails to get the crowd movin' and groovin' with infectious beats wrapped in stone-cold harmonies - all punctuated by the East Coast's best brass quartet.
From playing with the likes of Jimmy Cliff, Robert Randolph, English Beat, Trombone Shorty, the Skatellites, the Toasters, the Pietasters, and the Wailers, to playing for packed concert halls and huge festival crowds, the Bullbuckers put on one helluva show.
JOHN LENNON SONGWRITING CONTEST WINNER 2012 IN WORLD MUSIC CATEGORY: For the song "Time"
* Judged by Sean Paul, Bob Weir, The Bacon Brothers, Jessica Jerrell, Fergie (of Black Eyed Peas), The Veronicas, Natasha Bedingfield, Jesse Harris.
UK SONGWRITER FINALIST IN TWO CATEGORIES "BEST LOVE SONG" (St. Patty's Day) & "OTHER" (Remedy) & TWO SONGS PLACED IN THE SEMI FINALIST 2013:
* Judged by producers Kipper Eldridge (Sting, Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Kylie Minogue), Producer Richard Niles (Paul McCartney, James Brown, Mariah Carey, Cher), and Producer Stuart Epps (Elton John, Oasis)
BEST BAND, BEST LIVE ACT, BEST HORN SECTION, WSTW 93.7 Delaware Valley Hometown Heroes Awards 2012
FINALISTS BETA HI-FI EMERGING MUSIC FESTIVAL, THE WORLD CAFE LIVE, PHILADELPHIA 2011
WINNER OF THE SPARK MAGAZINE SUMMER SERIES 2009.
"... absolutely blew me away and I heard similar comments from other ska fans at the show. They were tight as hell and had such great energy! I'm now adding them to my "instantly blown away" bands list"
-Michelle Ska, NYCSka.com 2013
"Easily, one of the most terrific sounding bands out there in the music scene, Bullbuckers has crafted several popular genres of musical influences into a powerhouse"
- Isaac Davis Junior, BGS, MBA, Juniors Cave Online Magazine 2013
"The Bullbuckers' Ska sound has propelled them to the top of the Delaware music scene."
- Matt Amis, Out & About Magazine, Wilmington 2012
"If you have the opportunity to see The Bullbuckers play... definitely do it--you'll have a great time!"
- Steve Shafer, Duff Guide to Ska 2013
"A fusion of soul-searing and foot-stomping music... It's a Wilmington sound that has roots - and fans - round the globe."
-Joan Davis, The Examiner 2011
"Reputed as one of the best live bands around this band has been ripping up shows and gaining considerable respect on the east coast."
- Bandblurb.com 2012
"... the ultimate party band. Whether they are playing reggae or another style"
- Tish Michel, The Coconut Times, Ocean City 2011
"One of Delaware's most revered original bands opened the show with an energetic set that had the whole crowd swaying to their set with a crescendo, performing their upbeat album track."
- Lauren Frisbey, Spark Magazine 2012 (in review of Trombone Shorty at the Dewey Beach Bottle & Cork)
"Top-notch musicianship is a hallmark of The Bullbuckers."
- Roger Hillis, The Beach Comber, The Delaware News Journal 2011