I started singing and playing guitar along with the country songs that played on the family radio as a youngster. Being left handed I learned to play a right handed guitar upside down and backwards. About 35 years into my career I turned the strings around for a lefty. With a little determination and some encouragement from Tom Bresch, I learned to play guitar all over again.
My first paying gig was at a local honkytonk where I occasionally played rhythm guitar for the band. The gig paid $5.00 a night and being underage, free Cokes. I moved to Madison, Wisconsin from New Jersey in 1965 where I have played many opening acts, nightclubs, festivals, company shows, benefits etc. and winning numerous awards throughout my career.
Some of my accomplishments include:
* Featured singer on a weekly radio show on WMAD AM
* Writer for TNN's "Fandango" game show in Nashville, TN
* Writer for WSM radio's "Waking Crew" show hosted then by Charlie Chase
* Q106 FM and AM radio "Pick Hit" of the week
* I've had the honor of working with many of country music's legends throughout
my career. Opening act and/or backup band for the following stars: George
Hamilton IV * Bobby G. Rice * Red Sovine * Faron Young * Tex Ritter * David
Houston * Hank Snow * Jean Shepard * Jack Greene * Ernie Ashworth * Dave
Dudley * David Allen Coe * Penny DeHaven * Jeannie Seely
* Voted Madison's "Country Artist of the Year" two years
* Voted Madison's "Favorite Country Band"
* "Certificates of Achievement" received for songs entered in the Billboard Song
* Received "Country & Western Nightclub of the Year" awards three years
* Received Madison's "Country Music Hall of Fame" award
* Top 10 finalist in USA Network's first "Nashville Star" competition in Orlando,
* Named a "Local Legend" in Madison Magazine's country music category
* Appearances on WYOU tv "Worth Watching"
* Appearances on "Nashville On Stage"
* Received the honor of Warner Brothers requesting demos of my original songs
* Performed the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Madison "Mallards" baseball game
* Nominated for Madison's "Country Artist of the Year" 2007
* Nominated for "Madison's Country Song of the year" for my original song
"Chasing Memories" 2007
* Nominated for Madison's "Country Album of the Year" for my cd "Chasing
* Appearances at: numerous festivals, benefits, company shows, Wild West Days,
rodeos, nightclubs etc.
* Nashville recording artist - BMI songwriter
* Skilled at singing, playing guitar, bass, drums & harmonica
* Many of my original songs are currently receiving airplay on independent radio
* Nominated for: "Classic Country Band of the Year" October 2008
Back up vocals on my original songs:
John Wesley Riles and Hoot Hester
The musicians on my cds include some of Nashville's finest:
The late Gordon Terry
Hargus (Pig) Robbins