GALACTIC BACK ON TOUR

From www.galacticfunk.com:

Galactic
We wanted to let everyone know that Rich Vogel (keys) is now out of the hospital. He came down with a severe throat infection in New York which caused him to have to be hospitalized for five days. Once again we are sorry that we had to cancel the dates and for any inconvenience caused, but we are happy that Rich is on his way to a full recovery. The tour schedule will proceed as planned beginning in Birmingham on February 15.

SHOWS THROUGH 2/14 ARE CANCELLED

We regret to announce that due to a continued illness Galactic has been forced to cancel a few more shows on this tour. The band currently plans to pick up the touring schedule in Birmingham, Alabama on February 15 and continue onto Mobile before the Mardi Gras shows at Tipitina's in New Orleans. We apologize for any inconvenience and the band hopes to make it back to all of these areas as soon as scheduling will allow. All refunds for tickets will be made at the point of purchase.

GALACTIC TOUR DATES
02/07 | Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel | Providence, RI (CANCELLED)
02/08 | Toad's Place | New Haven, CT (CANCELLED)
02/09 | 9:30 Club | Washington, DC (CANCELLED)
02/10 | 9:30 Club | Washington, DC (CANCELLED)
02/11 | Starr Hill Music Hall | Charlottesville, VA (CANCELLED)
02/13 | Visulite Theatre | Charlotte, NC (CANCELLED)
02/14 | The Music Farm | Charleston, SC (CANCELLED)
02/15 | Workplay | Birmingham, AL
04/22 | Bijou Theatre | Knoxville, TN
04/25 | Varsity Theatre | Baton Rouge, LA
04/28 | Tipitina's Uptown | New Orleans, LA
05/03 | Tipitina's Uptown | New Orleans, LA
L

[Published on: 2/13/07]

Comments

rossco8 star Tue 2/6/2007 12:12PM

Fuck.

peaton Tue 2/6/2007 12:13PM

peaton

no.......reason......to.....live

Death Cube K Tue 2/6/2007 12:36PM

Death Cube K

get well and rage out next time

doon Tue 2/6/2007 12:54PM

crap. there goes that idea...

rulosa01 Tue 2/6/2007 01:02PM

that sucks. the only sickness i wanna catch from galactic would be the funky flu.

soxphan Tue 2/6/2007 02:08PM

that's a kick in the balls. Good thing I check jambase daily.

id rather be phishing Tue 2/6/2007 03:02PM

id rather be phishing

Ha yeah thank god I checked jambase..anyword on when they are comming back? the lady at box office at paradise said they should be comming within the month, she said it will probably sell out..so i dont know, dont return those tickets..

kllrfn starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/6/2007 03:29PM

Does anyone care?

soxphan Tue 2/6/2007 03:59PM

If you've seen galactic before you would.

sk8er4ever0101 starstarstarstar Tue 2/6/2007 05:31PM

still gotta wait for chicago....

cliftonhanger420 Tue 2/6/2007 06:20PM

no love for Buffalo either!

iamzero Tue 2/6/2007 07:48PM

iamzero

i'm seeing them in new haven on thursday.

être Tue 2/6/2007 08:12PM

être

Ferris Bueller?

bogmonkey starstarstar Wed 2/7/2007 05:57AM

bogmonkey

Syphillis?

spaceface7 Wed 2/7/2007 06:17AM

Hey kllrfn, I'm sure everyone that got a ticket does.... Dumb ass

PlanetVibes Wed 2/7/2007 08:09AM

there's no crying in baseball

brad1 Wed 2/7/2007 08:25AM

I wouldn't be suprised if Ellman is the one who is sick and can't play. Last Saturday's show at irving plaza was money, but he deferred to Rich on a lot of the extended solos and Skerik was also on stage playing a ton. Probably just a cold or something, I saw him after the show in a huge black parka that would keep you warm during a nuclear winter.

keyriest Wed 2/7/2007 08:43AM

keyriest

yeah, kllrfn, why expend your energy posting a negative message to a list that you have no interest in? I'm continually dumbfounded that people like you get some kind of joy out of harshing on others. what's your point, really? jackass.

bgiggey Wed 2/7/2007 10:09AM

bgiggey

this was really disappointing. i didn't check jambase all day, drove down to boston to meet my buddy, and saw the show was cancelled. lucky, peter prince was playing right next door, so we saw him, good show.

cliftonhanger Thu 2/8/2007 07:11AM

for any haters out there, Galactic Rock. That's all i have to say. They sound like no other and they do their own thing. They just jam! Long live Galactic and Long live New Orleans. Peace.

PhishFry85 starstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 07:16AM

"Does anyone care?"
"If you've seen galactic before you would."
so, so true... get well soon boys,
birmingham it is ON!

Mdpickles Thu 2/8/2007 08:34AM

I'm assuming Ben started to feel under the weather on his birthday 2/1/07 in Philly because that show was F___N SICK!

Gille Thu 2/8/2007 09:46AM

Gille

Pickles! You bastard, quit posting about Galactic shows I didn't get to go to. Oh, well at least their in Chicago in April.

Badphish419 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 10:31AM

Badphish419

"Does anyone care?"
"If you've seen galactic before you would."
I've seen them and I couldn't care less. With so many GOOD bands out there why do people listen to this crap. I just group them together with cheese & panic and stay the hell away.

Badphish419 Thu 2/8/2007 10:35AM

Badphish419

Oh...and another thing...not that I'm that into Rush but, when will Umphree's stop ripping them off and play something original? They seem like they have talent but, I've heard it all before.

bgiggey Thu 2/8/2007 10:40AM

bgiggey

^why do people just stir the pot? if you don't like it fine. you are allowed to state your opinion, but why bring all the negativity for no reason. if its obvious that someone really likes something, why bring them down, tell someone else, so we can all enjoy in peace.

Badphish419 Thu 2/8/2007 10:46AM

Badphish419

jimithing1221 - I was just stating my opinion like you said I was allowed to.

Oh...and...Trey Loves Dave!

bork Thu 2/8/2007 10:54AM

Charlotte is having a miserable month - First Soulive gets cancelled then Galactic. First good shows to come through in a long time also...

gmoo starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 11:25AM

gmoo

Thanks Badphish419, your comments are really helpful to all of us. I'm not really sure how I can call the sick feeling you get from seeing others feel bad 'joy', but I'll try my best here. Badphish419, could you go spread your joy somewhere else? I'm trying to think of what would be a good, hateful place for you. Perhaps you should go to people's funerals and tell the family what a terrible life the deceased led, and bring up all the negative points of their life. I think that's right up your alley @$$hole.

officialrx starstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 11:32AM

This is obviously a case of rockin' pneumonia and the boogie woogie flu. I was there Friday and Saturday at Irving and I think I caught it too. But I went to the family doctor and he said all I really need is good lovin'. So here's sending some of that good lovin' down Galactic's way. See you at Langerado.

iamzero starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 11:35AM

iamzero

oh man...there goes my plans for tonight

forumjibber Thu 2/8/2007 11:57AM

Galactic played one of my top 3 shows of all time at Bonnaroo in 2005 with the Krewe de Karnivale; if any of you haters were there I guarantee you wouldn't have one bad thing to say except that they kept you up dancin way past your bedtime.

catphish007 starstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 12:24PM

your right forumjibber, that bonnaroo set was disgusting. One of the highlights of the festival for sure. I cant wait to catch them in Ohio, its gonna be sick. To the a-holes spittin hate, if you dont have anything nice to say then blow it out your ass. go post your negativity somewhere else

Badphish419 Thu 2/8/2007 12:49PM

Badphish419

gmoo - That's exactly how I got one of my friends over his ex-girlfriends.

JambandsSuck starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 01:24PM

Any word on when they'll cancel the rest of the tour. Just wondering because their "music" makes me ill.

gmoo starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 04:46PM

gmoo

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Further13 Thu 2/8/2007 07:10PM

Further13

Hey kllrfn why dont you and jambandsSuck get together and explore your shared negativity.......maybe then u can figure out what it means to "care"!!! but in the meantime do US ALL a favor and engage in your cynical affair SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Get Well Galactic!

spaceface7 Thu 2/8/2007 07:43PM

Yeah badphish, I think I'm gonna CYBER-PUNCH YOU IN THE EYE!!!! Hahaha, but hey, why do you even check out the jambase?

danpfunk Thu 2/8/2007 07:46PM

My favorite was Bonnaroo 2002...the late night set. Unreal, people just walking up on stage at all times to guest, basically a long ass funkedified super jam. They played till almost 5am. What a night.

Get well soon which ever band member it is....lets hope this brief break will not put a dent in the emergence of Jeff Raines.

And if you really don't care, why are you reading/posting comments on an article called "Galactic Cancels Gigs". Find another hobby.

jrobisco starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/8/2007 08:10PM

Houseman and Kang probably spread Hep C throughout the entire band...

cmaxwell Thu 2/8/2007 08:19PM

Hopefully I'll get to see them live sometime when they get well. :) I finally find out what the fuss is all about thanks to the miracle of OnDemand, and have to work both nights of Atlanta. So I feel the pain. Hope they get well soon!

EVILFUNKS starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/9/2007 12:36AM

EVILFUNKS

Dammit. I heard some hooker gave them all a really bad rash.

vernoislawnboy star Fri 2/9/2007 07:07AM

vernoislawnboy

wait i though phish was still together

jackstraw1984 Fri 2/9/2007 10:43AM

jackstraw1984

you people spreading the negativity need to go stick your head in the sand and take a few deep breaths. just let people enjoy music. i can't believe there's so much shit talking in what shoudl be a really peaceful scene. why don't you all do something more constructive with your words instead of putting out as much bad energy as possible? unless you get off on making people dislike you. but otherwise why don't you just go bitch to people who want to hear it.

jackstraw1984 Fri 2/9/2007 10:44AM

jackstraw1984

and by the way, get well galactic, you guyskick a fair amount of ass. last time i saw them was last summer at bele chere in asheville, and it was naaaaassssty good.

EVILFUNK Fri 2/9/2007 12:05PM

EVILFUNK

who is 'EVILFUNKS' ????

not me...im EVILFUNK (and sometimes custiechump)

...you can fuck with my screen name all day but it only proves my theory that ideas you use NEVER origonate in your skull...the Donald Larf thing was better...proving that nobody on your end can put anything into the world that doesn ot start with another persons idea.....www.phixband.com.....Im sorry america and her mighty dollar voted your band into extinction! why bring Galactic into it?

bogmonkey starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/9/2007 01:09PM

bogmonkey

Galactic is on the Oxycontin and Vicoden...unable to perform?

blower Fri 2/9/2007 04:04PM

At least the assholes always attach something to their handle or their post to let us know they are Phish kids. Funny thing is they always are Phish kids. Lets see SCI, WSP, and UM are shitty bands and you browse at this website with a phish handle.

Trey did not kill Phish, Phish fans did. Phish kids are by far the shallowest, most self centered, musically uniformed, petty cock suckers that have ever existed since the begining of rock and roll. No wonder the band split and are doing their own thing. They are trying to distance themselves from thier own fanbase. They have since the mid nineties when they started jumping around the country so the lowlife scumbags could not easily follow their tour. Just admit it Phish was a good band, but Phish kids are nothing but big black eye on the face of rock and roll. Hey Badphish, you still got your rasta sticker on mommies BMW?

Bring it on Galactic!

cheese3 Fri 2/9/2007 06:41PM

Whoa there blower just cuz us phish kids raged it harder than any band since the Dead there is no need for all that man. And we didnt kill phish, clearly certain members wanted to pursue individual projects. I wouldnt be hating on some of the most loyal fans out there!

Further13 Fri 2/9/2007 08:06PM

Further13

SHIT YOU GUYS ARE INTENSE!!!!
A) its a website!!!
B) all because Galactic cancelled a show?
TAKE IT EASE!!!!

wayzandmeanz starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/10/2007 02:27PM

Phish broke up becase trey wanted to have gay sex with Dave Mathews.

I can't wait to see them in B'ham and Papa Mali isn't bad either

FrogBrigade22 starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/10/2007 08:01PM

FrogBrigade22

Dang, i wish i could see them in chicago but unfortunatly its an over 18 show, it seems like all the good ones are. I'll just have to wait 2 1/2 years until i get to go to all the shows i want.

surlybuf Sun 2/11/2007 12:38PM

I heard the were collectively donating their eyes to Stevie Wonder.

surlybuf Sun 2/11/2007 12:39PM

I heard they were collectively donating their eyes to Stevie Wonder.

gregboyer Sun 2/11/2007 07:14PM

I agree with blower. Although Phish was a good, not great, band their fans frequently turn out to be completely oblivious morons. If you think bands like Galactic suck, go listen to pop radio and screw off. Again, don't you have anything better to do with your pathetic lives now than trash other bands. Get a job and make something of yourselves instead of holding on to your ridiculous vision of Phish as the best jam band. They never were and they never will be. Maybe someday you stupid punks will actually be able to pay your own bills and buy your own tix. I doubt it. Galactic is loaded with talent and do not deserve this crap. If you don't like them just keep listening to Trey's latest fluff.

gregboyer Sun 2/11/2007 07:14PM

DaMule starstarstarstar Mon 2/12/2007 06:17AM

DaMule

Mother of balls, people are fuming bout this one. I missed Galactic in NY at Irving, but i was planing on seeing em in Providence. Not to be. At least they damn near broke my neck this year at ACL.

PS if ya hate galactic, then why the fuck would you
A. Be reading this
B. Need to post the fact that you dont care?

Kinda odd.

spaceface7 Mon 2/12/2007 07:27AM

I vote for galactic late at night at the mountaintop, with that fog rollin in, creating that all good feeling.

danpfunk Mon 2/12/2007 08:45AM

A second for Galactic latenight at All Good...last summer they got jobbed with that mid day set, but they still blew that shit apart.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstar Mon 2/12/2007 09:53AM

how do u guys end up with subjects not related to this article or band? it seems like u can just start a forum about phish this or phish that.. phish is over, gone, through, I know the lot scene was disgusting, but damn, this is about galactic here,, not PH.. peace...

superstar007 Mon 2/12/2007 11:23AM

this forum needs a moderator to weed out lamewads like jambandssuck and the like.what's the matter, did tre steal your woman or something?and another thing some of the finest people i've ever met are "phishkids"to lump everyone into a category just because thet've been to a few phish shows is as shallow as it gets.grow up.

sbirocco starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/12/2007 04:48PM

i like lamp!

Ashley Tue 2/13/2007 08:12AM

Ashley

we had a great time in atlanta. pics will be up soon, and feel better!

moogot2 starstarstar Tue 2/13/2007 08:33AM

thats what they get for not comin to cali......honestly why do we get jipped by so many acts???every show they play here in humboldt sells out, yet they all continue to skip us so they can play in weak beer utah

hoodphan6 Tue 2/13/2007 08:52AM

Thanks superstar007. just cuz i like phish doesn't make me a bad person. I just like good music. Thats why I like galacic. they are amazing at what they do and they just keep getting better. Stanton Moore rules. One of the best drummers out there. There's a lot of good music out there and some of these people who post on here should go out and listen to some of it, rather than posting negative comments in a place where I have read them

iamzero Tue 2/13/2007 11:00AM

iamzero

lol why does every thread turn into something about phish?

and stop blaming phish fans for everyone's problems. At least they aren't as bad as dave matthews fans.

cuttyfives Tue 2/13/2007 11:25AM

Phish rules, when they re-unite stay the fuck away. Best, Cuttyfives

BubbbleHouse Tue 2/13/2007 11:28AM

you guys are gay as fuck.... at least you HAD a tour date there, im in cali and dont see shit

and stupid people like you ended phish w/ immature people giving there opinions on music they themselves CANT play.

90% of the people on this forum CANT play an instrument but can talk shit on artists who give it all they got.

-you fuckin rock galactic...

Damonh420 Tue 2/13/2007 11:29AM

It seems as if more than a few people here are wearing their own asses for a hat.

tay1222 Tue 2/13/2007 11:31AM

B'ham is gonna be the fire, workplay is such a good venue for galactic, cant wait...

jahsdaddi Tue 2/13/2007 01:06PM

I think all these shit talkers need to start their own band and lets see how good the music sounds. put your money where your mouth is and send me the tour dates, pricks

VAteonanacatl starstar Tue 2/13/2007 02:24PM

VAteonanacatl

hellagay

windorascrub Wed 2/14/2007 07:56AM

windorascrub

blower = douchebag

windorascrub Wed 2/14/2007 07:59AM

windorascrub

what is your peoples problem. just because somebody with a phish handle says something you don't agree with you go on a tantrum talking shit on all phish fans. i call you out as newbs that don't get it. phish was the epicenter of jam for the last twenty years and they brought so many people together in a community sense. no other band has done that since. i met my wife on phish tour and a lot of my friends are phish fans so quit hating on my community.

OBLaurent Wed 2/14/2007 12:23PM

haha phish blows

hippiehater starstarstar Thu 2/15/2007 09:01AM

hippiehater

Oh man windorascrub I hope you check back and get to read this ----- "the epicenter of jam for the last twenty years" I can name one band that was, is, and always will be the "epicenter of jam" - the GRATEFUL DEAD (and the main guy hasn't even been alive for 11+ years)- ernesto and company were just a couple of johnny come lately's - Oh and I don't listen to bands b/c they have a big "community sense" //// and in my community (figuratively speaking for all the phamily out there)we don't whore out our religion like one note trey --- as always peace and love

superstar007 Thu 2/15/2007 11:08AM

yo hippiehater nice mullet,do you have a camaro?i'll see you at the next molly hatchet show.

windorascrub Thu 2/15/2007 11:40AM

windorascrub

the dead have been dead for a long time. all the dead heads were just riding on nostalgia for the last 15 years. phish's music is more eclectic and inspired than anything going on now or in the last twent years. probably since the talking heads. i mean come on. the grateful dead haven't even played a show in 11 years so how could they be the "epicenter of jam". i was born in 79 and for my generation phish was IT. i don't listen to music for the community but it is always nice when it is present. if you read up at the top people were making baseless comments about phish fans. so take your mullet and your (i believe it to be an el camino) and get bent. trey may be a washed up loser these days but he used to be one of the most creative and insanely talented guitarists on the planet. what the fuck does one note trey mean? he wrote more complex songs than jerry garcia ever did. jerry in case you are reading this you will always be the man in my heart though. but trey was the man in my brain. i just think it is funny the way you ended your email also. the way you talk it is hard to believe.

windorascrub Thu 2/15/2007 11:44AM

windorascrub

ohh and i agree
if you can't play music
don't criticize it

go galactic

bigz starstar Thu 2/15/2007 03:45PM

Whats this story about Galactic right!? Its too bad they had to cancel those shows!
PS Trey is great, Jerry was even better!
PSS Go see live music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hippiehater Thu 2/15/2007 05:12PM

hippiehater

windorascrub and superstar 007 - let's get one thing straight I own a 1973 Ford Torino, green with some rust coloration.....and in the vehicle....a tapedeck some creedence tapes my briefcase....and in the briefcase....papers --- my business papers.....and what is it that you do....I'm unemployed!

hippiehater Thu 2/15/2007 05:23PM

hippiehater

Oh and another thing windorascrub the reason the dead was are and always will be the epicenter of the jam scene is b/c in almost everytown in america, and most of the world there are people making a living playing jerry's songs - not true with phish (yet at least)
ps "baseless comments" what about the mullet and elcamino reference you stupid JACKASS! (the one note thing might have been harsh I mean he probably played them all, I am sure that languedoc programmed them all into his bommerang before the show) PEACE AND LOVE

hippiehater Thu 2/15/2007 05:25PM

hippiehater

LAST BUT NOT LEAST WINDORASCRUB- COMPLEX DOES NOT TRANSLATE INTO MEANINGFUL - and as always peace and love

windorascrub Fri 2/16/2007 09:36AM

windorascrub

hey your opinion is your opinion
i personally like phish more than the dead
don't get me wrong, i also love jerry
just phish a little more
jerry was definetly the man
but his band was not as good
sorry about the mullet and elcamino comment i just felt you were also a little harsh. i guess i deserved the jackass thing though
but come on man your handle is hippiehater
what do you expect?

hippiehater Sat 2/17/2007 06:51PM

hippiehater

Just to clear it up that is not my picture it is from the movie the Big Lebowski (you might already know) ---

I hope there are no hard feelings - I love trey just as much as the next guy, but he is no Jerry! I mean I can listen to jerry up until Bruce Hornsby left the band for Trey it stops at about 1997 and other then alive again his side projects are just not as good on a regular basis ( I did see TAB with some horns in Camden, NJ that did a sick Sultans of Swing, one of my favorite shows) but it's hit or miss (although the recent trouble that Trey has gotten into might explain the boring loop-d-loop that trey was doing - hopefully he can find the fire again)

peace and love -