WILCO ALBUM DUE IN MAY

Wilco
At a recent solo show (January 17) in Nashville, Wilco bandleader Jeff Tweedy announced plans for Wilco to release their new studio album, Sky Blue Sky, May 15 on Nonesuch.

On his current tour, Tweedy has been debuting new songs set to appear on the album such as "We Can Make It Better." Wilco has also previewed the tracks "Is That the Thanks I Get," "Lullaby for Rafters and Dreams," "On and On and On" and "Walken" in the past year.

Sky Blue Sky is the follow-up to 2004's A Ghost Is Born, which has sold 346,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

JEFF TWEEDY SOLO DATES:
01.19 | Cain's Ballroom | Tulsa, OK
01.20 | Granada Theater | Dallas, TX
01.21 | Marfa Ballroom | Marfa, TX
01.23 | University of Texas | Austin, TX
01.26 | House of Blues | New Orleans, LA
01.27 | Alabama Theater | Birmingham, AL
01.29 | The Tabernacle | Atlanta, GA
01.30 | Bijou Theatre | Knoxville, TN
01.31 | Paramount Theatre | Charlottesville, VA

[Published on: 1/19/07]

Comments

fostersj86 starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 12:12PM

woo! go wilco!

anitrak starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 01:11PM

anitrak

I'm excited for it!

chalkdust20 starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 01:22PM

chalkdust20

i can't wait!!! one of the best bands out there on one of the best record labels around!

theivywall starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 01:32PM

theivywall

Wilco is great. Ghost Is Born\Yankee Hotel are two of my personal favorite albums I've heard in the last 10 years.

raiducks503 Fri 1/19/2007 01:47PM

raiducks503

it is about time!! They need to tour west coast...

pat5507 starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 01:59PM

pat5507

Here piggy, piggy

They better play Bonnaroo~

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 02:05PM

moephishH2O

Sweet! I really enjoyed the "Sunken Treasure" dvd. We were all lucky here in the Pacific NW to get some Tweedy solo shows :-)

djshawn Fri 1/19/2007 03:37PM

This is good news.

robo2448 starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/19/2007 07:05PM

Can't wait to hear it. a ghost is born was pretty good, though I like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and especially Summerteeth a lot more.

simple-alex starstarstarstarstar Sat 1/20/2007 12:03PM

simple-alex

this album will be another masterpiece from them. cant wait!

Kwatto starstarstarstarstar Sat 1/20/2007 02:16PM

Kwatto

Don't you love it when one of your favorite bands read your mind? I was just thinking the other day; "you know, Wilco is overdue for a new studio release...". Suffice to say, I'm looking forward to the best studio album of the year...;)

PlanetVibes starstarstarstarstar Sat 1/20/2007 04:20PM

Sky Blue Sky should prove to be another break-through album for the Mid-West band. Having heard six of the new songs, three at a recent Wilco performance and three at a recent Tweedy solo show, this should prove to be a fantastic release.

The songs have such varied structure with relation to texture and creative ideas- Lullaby for Rafters and Dreamers, The Ruling Class, Please Be Patient with Me, Walken, Let's Not Get Carried Away, and Impossible (Germany)- the listener can only imagine the possiblities of the band's latest composition. Within the magical world of Wilco and their delicate balancing act in piecing together music, this could be Wilco's greatest recording to date.

Don't be afraid to get out on the road and check Jeff's current solo tour out!

"...Cole Slaw Crowd." -Tweedy, 1/16/07

ChickenWakll starstarstarstarstar Sat 1/20/2007 06:17PM

ChickenWakll

i think i will CRY out of JOY

BGsteveBG starstarstarstarstar Sat 1/20/2007 08:13PM

BGsteveBG

being a huge wilco fan, and being very familiar with all of thier songs...the latest show i was at there were a few songs i didnt recognize, and they were my favorites of the night. needless to say they are all songs which will be on the new album. unlike the bears and cubs, wilco ALWAYS comes through, and never disappoints.

BGsteveBG starstarstarstarstar Sat 1/20/2007 08:13PM

BGsteveBG

Zarathrusta Sun 1/21/2007 09:10AM

Zarathrusta

I saw my first Wilco show two years ago at the Pompano Beach Ampitheater. I had never even heard one of their songs but I went anyway because I'd read about them here on Jambase, it was Friday nite and I had no other plans plus my friend Jeff who was a fan promised it would be great. It turned out to be right up my alley I love Alt-Country/Indie music. By the time Wilco returned to Florida the following year to play Langerado I owned every album and was singing along (quietly to myself) to every song.

bluke11 Mon 1/22/2007 09:33AM

this band will go down in history as one of the baddest rappers to ever compete.

note to editor - "we can make it better" and "the thanks i get" are the same song. and a damn good one at that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG9LZvKDEZ0

BGsteveBG Fri 1/26/2007 08:28PM

BGsteveBG

i take back my comment about the bears not coming through. that was just rude of me.

It still stands for the cubs.