RHCP, MACHINES: FREE SHOWS

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, SECRET MACHNINES, QOTSA, T.I. & MORE
Free Zune Launch Shows Monday November 13th

Zune has announced six free secret shows across the country in six different markets (NY, LA, Seattle, Miami, Chicago and Atlanta) to coincide with the November 14th launch of their new portable audio player set to challenge the Ipod's dominance. Performances include big name stars such as Queens of the Stone Age, Red Hot Chili Peppers, T.I., Lupe Fiasco, The Secret Machines and Morgan Heritage with Richie Spice.

NEW YORK: Queens Of The Stone Age (9pm) FREE
As announced by BrooklynVegan.com tickets for QOTSA can be picked up at Circuit City in Union Square TODAY starting @ 7pm EST on a first come first serve basis. Tickets come in pairs and you must be 21 or over. Check BV to find out the venue location.

LOS ANGELES: Red Hot Chili Peppers (8pm) FREE
As announced by LAist.com tickets for RHCP must be picked up at Circuit City (4400 Sunset Blvd) TODAY starting @ 7pm on a first come first serve basis. Tickets come in pairs and you must be 21 or over. Check LAist.com to find out the venue location.

ATLANTA: T.I. (3:30pm) FREE
T.I. will be playing the official Zune Launch Party from 3:30 - 4:00 today at the Underground. The show is free and SOHH exclusive. Check Atlanta blog, SOHH.com's to find out details.

CHICAGO: Lupe Fiasco (4:45pm) FREE
As announced by www.HipAndPop.com Lupe will be playing @ 401 Michigan Ave.

MIAMI: Morgan Heritage Band & Richie Spice
(approximately 5:30pm) FREE

Check The305.com to find out the venue location and details.

SEATTLE: The Secret Machines (11:50am) FREE
As announced by Seattlest.com The Secret Machines will be playing @ West Lake Plaza.

[Published on: 11/13/06]

Comments

EVILFUNK Mon 11/13/2006 10:52AM

EVILFUNK

jambase - i have never heard of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers ....thanks for turning me on to another band i would not have heard of without you guys!

Andrew W. starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 11:37AM

Andrew W.

EVILFUNK~

I dont get it? Are you saying that we only should tell u about new bands? Just wondering...

A

peaton Mon 11/13/2006 12:32PM

peaton

This is sweet. Too bad Boston gets no love......again

EVILFUNK Mon 11/13/2006 12:56PM

EVILFUNK

...NO JUST BALL BREAKING OVER THE CHANGES JAMBASE IS GOING THROUGH...MAKING LIGHT OF THE SHIFT FROM CULTURAL PHHENOM TO MASS MEDIA CULTURE WHORES....ITS ALL GOOD. BUT - IF JAMBASE IS UPTIGHT ABOUT ITS JUST WHAT HAPPENS TO SOMEONES PRIDE WHEN THEY SELL OUT.

ONCE I SAW A VIDEO OF THE CHILLIES WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG...JAMMING HARDER THAN ALL HELL...THEY WERE MANGLING SOME KIND OF PUNK/FUNK GROOVE LIKE I HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE OR SINCE....THATS THE KIND OF THING I EXPECT FROM JAMBASE...SPARE ME THE CALIFORNIACATION...BRING ME THE GOODS LIKE YOU USED TO!

pgmo26 starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 01:26PM

pgmo26

Thank you jambase for being a relevant news source for shit OUR community is interested in. Without jambase I would have never heard about these shows, and I appreciate hearing this kind of news(unlike some people).

Drock112 starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 01:50PM

Drock112

Jambase - Thanks for the heads up.

Evilfunk - Grow up.

nedsflow Mon 11/13/2006 03:00PM

i think it would be really cool if you start your own site and have all the news that no one in the world has ever heard of, even the people that are headlining the news. you could be the source for all underground news and people would come out of caves to hear your shit.

how bout it brah?!

nedsflow Mon 11/13/2006 03:02PM

i forgot to even put what i was going to on the comment because of that. thankyou JAMBASE - keep up the good work.

Kayceman starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 03:06PM

Kayceman

Anyone (Evilfunk?) questioning the INSANE guitar skills of John Frusciante has to be living on another planet. Like most people who dig rock & roll, i worship at the alter of the guitar - Frusciante may be the most talented fucker out there... and do we even need to get into Flea? Peppers put on one of the best shows i've seen all year... no not The Best, but really good. To each their own, but man, Frusciante is a god.

-kayce

21Gooch Mon 11/13/2006 04:11PM

Is anyone looking at the bigger picture here...can a band sell out any more than to do a concert for Microsoft? Get paid-off to support the latest Microsoft gadget? This is ridiculous.

rockera starstarstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 04:53PM

E.V.I.L.F.U.N.K
Good music is good music period!! When has financial success been a bad thing. So if you take that raise at your job you are a sell out. Bands and artists are just like you and me, they want to expand their wallets and have new opportunities. Come on, its not like RCP is going on Dancing With the Stars. And for jambase, they are the unabashed leader of unfiltered music, concert, and scene news. From John Zorn to Keane, from Del McCoury to Radiohead. Music shouldn't have boundaries. Good music overides money and hype, and Jambase difinitely does that.
Who wants to read news only about the Dead and Phish. I want music Pangea. AC

Steph starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 04:54PM

Steph

A close friend of mine expresses it best:

"There is a magical time in one’s life when you stop caring about who made the song and you can focus 100% of your care energy on if you like it or not.That day is a beautiful free moment that feels like your soul has been replaced with wind and your legs have become eagle feathers."

Who cares if a band is too "mass media" to measure up to some obscure standards of hipness? Good Music is Good Music, end of story. Thanks, Jambase, for keeping us in the loop.

tzolkin13 star Mon 11/13/2006 05:55PM

"You use your art to sell a product, you're off the artist list." -Bill Hicks

Goodbye Queens...Goodbye Chili Peppers...who's next to go?

quhp starstarstar Mon 11/13/2006 06:33PM

well. i'm with evilfunk-- its to easy to come up with this news-- a copy/paste from mtv.com will give you a new article on jambase.com--- I do understand that we do not pay you guys'(jambase) commission.. and I also understand there are obviously people very interested in such an event.

but--is it possible to dig a little deeper and write an article on a noun that is off the radar?

so, if you guys dug deep and all you found was this-- No problem! Keep digging for us. thanks

quhp Mon 11/13/2006 06:35PM

and Bill Hicks' quotes are always welcome!

koach Tue 11/14/2006 12:59AM

its now 1 am, but when i first read this article this morning, i immediatly called circuit city, to see if kids were already lining up for the free rhcp show, and the tickets were released on friday, not monday, so jambase didnt even have the right information, but at least they tried, the show was tonight however so they got that right, but the tickets started to be released on friday, so even if i did roll out to sunset blvd, i wouldnt have gotten any tickets anyway, but much love to jambase, keep doing what your doing, by the way KAYCEMAN, you kick ass, fruciante is a god, Flea is a god...much respect... koach

jimcard Tue 11/14/2006 07:34AM

I will let you all in on a little secret of mine. But remember, it is just between us cool people. I have, without a doubt, the best, most original band in the world locked-up in my basement. I will NEVER, ever let them see the light of day. For one, this will constantly prove that I am the coolest cat around. The other reason would be so the public at large can never hear OR see them. Like I said, they are so good that if others were allowed to hear them they may actually become popular. Not because they are good looking with nice hair, but by the fact that they make great music.

This all helps me feel better at night knowing that they will never, ever be able to SELL-OUT. And god-forbid if that happens I am going to have a hissy fit. Now, I am not exactly sure what sell-out means but it kind of sounds evil, uncool, and not at all in keeping with my keen, hipster image. But don’t worry about the health of my secret “underground” band. Everyday I scrounge the garbage cans of fellow citizens who have sold-out, and remarkably my band eats well.

So please, keep this between friends. If I catch even the slightest sniff of a sell-out coming I am going to rage. Friends don’t let friend’s rage or sell-out, whatever that means.

Mr. Aaron starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/14/2006 07:45AM

Mr. Aaron

There is only so much news to cover on "jambands". One thing about this Jam culture is that most of us appreciate a wide range of music. So jambase is completely on topic by keeping us in the loop on talented "non-jambands". One thing you wont find in Jambase news is a shitty band, something you will find on MTV.com in abundance. I applaud the changes that Jambase is going though and has been for some time.

TNPanic Tue 11/14/2006 10:49AM

I was considering going to the nashville Chili Peppers show in January. Tickets are $60, though, and I was hoping someone could comment on whether their current live show is worth the ca$h.

JakeCinningerisgod Tue 11/14/2006 10:51AM

I gotta say this is really cool Queens of the stone age is awesome, but i must say after recently paying 60 bucks to see a RHCP show that lasted 1 hour and 45 mins ive never been so dissapointed in a band. Don't get me wrong i DID respect the Chilli Peppers but after a show like that i really cant ne more. Im tired of people making these excuses that they r too old. Thats a terrible excuse because Widespread and String Cheese have been rocking shows much longer than Chilli Peppers and still put on a hell of a show. I just dont think the RHCP really feels the music between one another anymore and they for sure arnt the Peppers that i loved back in the day. Plus say set lists everynight and John plays the same guitar solos everytime, great guitarist but come on man u need to mix it up some, this is why i cant say that he is a good of guitarist as jam bands guitarist because they r so complex with there music changing setlists every night and even when they do play the same song THEY CHANGE THE SOLO!!! all in all chilli peppers r donee hate to say it but true i cant respect their live music

JakeCinningerisgod Tue 11/14/2006 10:55AM

oh and nedsflow u have no idea what ur talking about ur a huge tool, brah?!? how the hell says that, this site is for jambands if thats even what ur reffering to